PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I predict this?

Caramel
19-08-05, 14:46
Hey everyone,

I'm getting so frustrated![Sigh...] I wish I could predict when I was going to have a panic attack, so that I could do something about it, but I can't. There is no trigger for it, and they can come on at any time:(

This morning for example, at about 5.30 in the morning, we had the most almighty thunderstorm, and guess what? PANIC ATTACK!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!

Sometimes I wake up like it, or I can just be chillin' watching TV, or just reading a book.

IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!! Does anyone else have this trouble?

Emxxx (whinge, whinge, whinge!!):D

Piglet
19-08-05, 15:02
Aww Em,

We had the same storm - I didn't like it much either (thankfully didn't bring on a panic though).

Much like you I can never predict when I'm going to feel panicky or not.

I've had really good moments lately and then some scary panicky moments too so I can't make out whether I'm good at the mo or bad. Lol!

Hang on in there and practice the old 'acceptance' Claire Weekes style and we'll get there.

Love Pig

pinkscrumpy
19-08-05, 16:06
Hi Em

Mine are very unpredictable to. And like you i'm so frustrated about it. Can't give any advice though because its still doing it LOL

Take care

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

emz05
19-08-05, 16:19
Me neither, sometimes i begin to think thoughts i know will escalate until i panic and can then stop it but other times it just hits me like a wave.

Emma x x

seh1980
19-08-05, 17:30
Mine are very unpredictable as well. They come completely out of the blue. The trick is to learn how to deal with them as soon as you feel one about to happen. Breathing exercises help me a lot. :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Sue K with 5
19-08-05, 17:37
I had three in a row the other night so I know what unpredictable means ! thats the problem with these conditions!

you can never point your finger at when or why! but like Sarah said controlled breathing is a great way of dealing with the symptoms

Meg normally has some great website ideas so have a look on the forum for suggestions on how to work on your breathing

sue with 5

scknight

pips
19-08-05, 19:57
Hi Caramel.

Your not alone HUH!

Mine are very unpredictable to. You thing your doing ok then BANG it hits you out of the blue.

Ride it out as best you can and breathe!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Caramel
19-08-05, 19:59
Thanks everyone - it'e nice to know I'm not the only one. I do have a couple of breathing exercises I do which work sometimes, but not others - I'll have a look at some of the other ones on here and give them a go.

sakkerfasserrasser!

I'm gonna eat pizza!

Emxxxxxxxx

mirry
24-08-05, 08:02
HI CARAMEL,

WHEN I READ THIS POST I THOUGHT HOW FUNNY THAT THUNDER STORM HIT HERE AT 5.30 AM THAT MORNING (I WAS AWAKE LISTENING WITH PANIC).
THEN I JUST READ YOUR OTHER POST AND YOU SAY YOUR JUST OUTSIDE OF PORTSMOUTH - SNAP!
I LIVE IN PORTCHESTER , ARE YOU NEAR ME ?

TAKE CARE :D

mirryx

Meg
24-08-05, 13:08
How Do You Do The Breathing (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4042)
Breathing.. wow (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4037)
Breathing Techniques (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4044)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?