PDA

View Full Version : My Poem

sweetr72
27-04-09, 20:43
Hi all glad to find this forum and just wanted to share a poem I wrote today and I know everyone can relate to it. I will be reading the forums today and hoping to learn more about this disorder. I also suffer from depression and have refused medication thus far..I have tried some but the side effects prevented me from remaining on the meds..anyhow here is my poem..

PANIC ATTACK

Out of no where I feel a sudden wave, a flash of what's to come,
I touch my head, my neck, my arm oh GOD where does this come from?
Like a horror film in my body cutting off my very breath,
I breath harder to know that Im still alive but still - impending death!!
The sweat starts to form, my mind out of control with thoughts that I cant explain,
"Your ok" they say..its just a panic attack, just a trick being played by your brain.
I walk in circles and circles i've gotta keep moving if I sit I will surely die,
I want to scream out, but my stranged breath wont let me so then I just start to cry.
Cant make anymore phone calls, cant bother another person with my silly affairs,
Cant numb the fear any more with whiskey or pills but what will really compare??
Body is heaving with terror like a living nightmare, cant pinch myself awake,
A spinning black hole threatening to suck me in and now not a sound I can make.
The fear is subsiding, Im coming down fast...it leaves just as fast as it came,
But a little fear remains knowing it will be back and I know that I'll feel the same.

diane07
27-04-09, 20:53
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support on here and make some lovely friends along the way

Well done on the poem, think we can all relate to that

best wishes

di xx

lorac
27-04-09, 20:57
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will find many people on here that will understand and will offer some good advice and support.

I think the poem is really good and really does describe anxiety and panic very well you are very talented and should keep writing them.

Take care

Carol