PDA

View Full Version : Boiling blood!

devon_guy
19-08-05, 16:04
I have suffered from panic attacks for a few months now, had them a few years ago but saw a psychologist and was free of them for over 3 yrs. Anyway my GP has now put me on Citalopram, which I have been taking for a week. Today I assume I was having a major panic attack, my vision went blurred and I thought I was going to faint. However I had this really bad sensation like my arms were on fire but under the skin, like my blood was boiling. I've never had this before, has anyone else or could it be I am reacting to the anti depressants?
Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Tim

michelleann
19-08-05, 16:42
hi tim:D
welcome to the site
it sounds like anxiety panic and also frustration
i get all 3 at once and it scares me to death which i think is gonna happen:(
ive now learned to calm down well as much as i can.
take a look at the home page and look at all the advice and read all the posts and be assured your not alone on this one
take care hun
michelle xxx

kt
19-08-05, 16:58
Hi Tim,
sorry to hear you are feeling bad at the moment.
I remember last year having the feeling that my whole body was roasting hot! My partner said he could feel the heat radiating off me. I only ever had that all over body feeling once but i often get really hot ears and a hot face and can't seem to think what could have triggered it!
I don't know if it is caused by anxiety but i can only think that if you had just had a major panic then maybe it was caused by the adrenelin we produce in this state and the blood rushes!
hope this has helped, kt x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

mandie
20-08-05, 00:17
Hi Tim

I had that boiling feeling you are describing.

I too have been prescribed Citalopram, and had been taking them for 2 weeks when I was out shopping and all of a sudden I came over funny. I felt like I was on fire. I could feel the heat rising through my body up to my head. It was the weirdest feeling. It was like a panic attack but worse.

I spoke to my GP who said it was a side effect to the tablets and that it would pass.

I have now been on the tablets 8 weeks and have never had it again.

Hopefully it will be a one off for you too.

Love A x

devon_guy
20-08-05, 09:35
Yes thats exactly how I felt! I did think maybe it was the medication but it was very scary indeed, thought I was actually going to faint which made my panic attack all the worse, am hoping the pills will kick in asap!

Meg
20-08-05, 11:31
Hi Devon guy

Yes this is a sideeffect of starting on your new med.

Some people also get hot surges each time they have a panic and otherd get ice cold surges.

If it should happen again you now know what it is so try not to react with increased panic.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

devon_guy
20-08-05, 12:07
Thanks Meg knew I could rely on you to know the answer! At least next time I know what it is and can try and relax myself.

sensei_deano
20-08-05, 17:21
I actually had ice cold surges through my body this morning when I woke up, and I also began taking Citalopram just 3 days ago :) I have been on them previously and it also happened to me then, so I think these are just side effects of the medication, and nothing more to worry about (like we need anythin more;)) Hope you feel better soon.