PDA

View Full Version : I'm New..

seldnbloke
27-04-09, 22:56
Hello - I've been suffering GAD for about 7 months now. It all kicked off with a close relative being really ill added to me enduring a stressful job (where I was bullied) for about 5 years. It all go a bit too much for me and I started feeling like my day to day coping mechanism for a "normal" life had all gone.. and anxiety crept in.

I am so pleased to have found this site - I have read quite a few sections of the forum and already feel relieved that I have finally got in contact with real people who have been thro the same as me. The NHS and my GP have been ok BUT could not do much for me other than prescribe Anti Depressants which simpy made me a whole lot lot worse.

So - here I am in the search for getting myself back to being me and not having rotten anxiety feelings 24/7.

Rob

duskess
27-04-09, 23:15
Hello Rob , Welcome to NMP , Lots of advice support and understanding members here ,sorry to hear you have been having such a rotten time lately , yes you will find ways to cope with your anxiety lots of members will reply with advice, your not alone and i do hope you start to feel better soon take care ,:welcome: dusky x

Bluebelle
28-04-09, 03:38
Hi Rob !
Welcome to NMP. I am sorry to hear about your rough road but you're here now and everything will get better ! I can understand the stresses of a ill close relative. It can be very upsetting and difficult to endure.

I hope you're feeling more like you more and more everyday!
Bluebelle

lorac
28-04-09, 10:34
Hi Rob

Welcome to the site I think you will find lots of good advice and support on here from people who really do understand.

Take care

Carol

kittykat
28-04-09, 11:20
Hi there and :welcome:to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, take care xx

Southern_Belle
28-04-09, 16:10
Hi Rob,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get their support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura