PDA

View Full Version : Afraid...Swelling under tongue..

Kraggy
28-04-09, 09:16
So I was just brushing my teeth infront of the mirror, and when I checked out my mouth & lifted up my tongue I noticed a red swelling under the tongue, it totally freaked me out especially since in the past I was afraid of tongue cancer, and the images i've seen are still very much engraved in my brain, I immedietly recognised it...I got a Doctors appointment in 1 hour, but will she be able to recognise it, or must I make a dentist appointment for that?

Ddcoo
28-04-09, 10:23
I have had this a couple of times during the last 12 months, it really bothered me at the time, but I have now found out that it had bitten my tongue in the night and it left a pea sized lump under my tongue and it took a good few days to disappear. Hope this helps and let us know what the doctor says.

Kraggy
28-04-09, 11:29
Well I just got back, she said it looked normal : / But when i look in the mirror it still scares me, its on the sides of that thin line under your tongue, 2 pea sized (I think) bumps, but one side seems to be more swollen, but the doctor said it looked fairly normal, she did notice that I looked very pale though and after asking about my eating habits she decided to give me a diety of atleast X fruits a day, Brown bread blabla, which I immedietly made work off xP