PDA

View Full Version : Can this really be stress/anxiety, please help!

HarryDog
28-04-09, 11:35
I've had terrible problems with my teenage step-son for about 3 years now since he was 14 and have got myself into a right state.

About 2 months ago I noticed an ache in my stomach, like trapped wind. I went to my GP and he said that he'd had the same symptoms for about 6 weeks and gave me some medicine. Since then he's been hospitallised!

I took the medicine for a week and nothing seemed to change and the 'ache' didn't go away. I then read somewhere that it could be liver related and since I was drinking a bit much, I paniced and thought I had liver-disease. I had LFT tests and a bloodcount and an ultrasound and everything is fine.

I then read that it could be an ulcer, so back to the GP and she put me on 'ulcer' tablets and ordered a stool test to see if I have the bacteria that causes ulcers. My test came back normal and the tablets don't really seem to be doing a lot.

The original 'trapped wind' still seems to be there I think, but Ive also developed pains everywhere elase to. Left/right/top/bottom stomach, ribs, back, legs and last night I had a worrying bout of pins/needles in both arms and legs - you can imagine what went through my head when that happened.

My step-son has since moved out and the cause of my stress has gone, but the 'pains' have not, is there something wrong that my GP has missed or could all my 'problems' be stress-related, please respond, I'm driving myself and my wife mad :(

GemmaDennis
28-04-09, 12:03
Hiya If Your Really Concerned Id Go Back To Your GP And Sit And Have A Really Good Talk And Tell Him/Her That Your Worried And Cant Settle And That The Pains Are Still There As It Could Just Be Due To Stress Hope This Helps x

HarryDog
28-04-09, 12:14
Thanks Gemma,

I think I'm gonna have to, the problem is, my GP is still under-going tests in hospital, which just causes me to worry even more!

GemmaDennis
28-04-09, 12:19
I Agree I Bet It Is Is There An other Doctor You Can See To Tell Them Your Worries ...?? I Think It Would Be Best To Get In ASAP Just To Reassure Your Self And Stop The Worrying A Little Its So Hard tho Cause You Stop Worrying About 1 Thing And Then Something Else Comes For You To Worry About!!!! x