PDA

View Full Version : gettin up?

zippy
28-04-09, 14:58
Can anyone else sometimes not get up out of bed until dinner time?Can anxiety cause this?

nomorepanic
28-04-09, 15:35
Laziness can :winks:

Why aren't you getting up?

zippy
28-04-09, 15:38
I just feel like my body physically cant and i am to exhausted.Thats why i doubt its depression and anxiety and not something sinister.

PoppyC
28-04-09, 15:41
Depression can cause people to feel very tired, lethargic and unmotivated - its often a common sign. Anxiety can sap us of our energy due to how it affects us physically.
Have you visited your gp about how you are feeling? Do you have any other symptoms?

zippy
28-04-09, 15:45
Yes been to doctors and had bloods done and they were all fine.I also have nausea,headaches,pain in back,loose bowels and generally feel unwell.I went to docs yesterday and he said he is 99.9% theres nothing going on.My mind wont accept this because i feel so ill but was else can i do as i have also been to a&e twice and they said i am fine.

nomorepanic
28-04-09, 15:53
Then you have to ACCEPT it and look after yourself and get out of bed and do something.

The more you lay around the worse you feel I think.

Have a read of the First Steps web site page on the left.

zippy
28-04-09, 16:04
Its easier said than done if you feel like you cant do it.I couldnt get up today and when i did get up it feels like the side of my heads going to explode and feel very sick.How can there be nothing wrong?

emma30982
28-04-09, 16:09
Anxiety and depression cause this please trust me as i have experianced all these feelings , mine started with a pain in my back remeber the only reason we feel pain is because our brain is telling us there is a pain so if your anxious and depressed these can be symtoms of that. Hope you understand i know i found it hard at first but listen to your body.
big hug
emma

zippy
28-04-09, 16:15
How do you stop your brain thinking this way though when you feel so ill.I have been on fluoxetine for 3-4 weeks and am currently waiting to see a councillor.I feel like i am going crazy because i feel so ill and everyone says i am not.

cheekycharlie
28-04-09, 16:19
yes when first started with anxiety, i found this but I forced myself to get up & do stuff. You need to do this otherwise anxiety will just rule you. x

valleybear
28-04-09, 16:44
Zippy, This is a common symptom of depression. I am much better now but at one time found it really hard to get out of bed in the morning. I wasn't sleeping well either and that was an excuse to just lie there. Eventually I realised I had to face the day and did it in steps....Sit up and put the radio on, Sometimes I read a book for a bit. Happily I have a little dog who needs attention so I focused on his needs. I wish you the best and send encouraging hugs... Dr thinks you are physically well...so accept that you are and work around the early morning feeling. XX

reddevil
28-04-09, 17:22
Hi,

Anxiety can make your body tired as it is working harder through the day by worring and depression can also make you lazzy etc.

red