PDA

View Full Version : thankgod i found you all

kewy
28-04-09, 16:37
hi all you fellow sufferers new to this site just trying to find my way round..have just got back from docs who has now priscribed me with propanolol she said non addictive and should help with the physical side of the panic attacks, thing is im also on mirtazipine plus diazapan for emergencies, bit worried about adding yet another medication she said will be fine to take aswell but always get scared taking a new drug..willing to give it a try as going though a bad bout of panic attacks and depression stopping me from getting out also look foward to a glass or 2 of wine with my soaps on evening will it overmedicate me?.kewy

bottleblond
28-04-09, 16:46
Hiya Kewy

Welcome to NMP!

Propananol are a beata blocker and i don't think they cause drowsiness. They work in a different way to your anti depressants.

I'm not a doc hun so don't quote me on it but i would say you should be ok as long as you are drinking sensibly.

Ps. I like lager with my soaps :winks:

Nice to meet you
Lisa
x

kittykat
28-04-09, 17:02
Hi there and welcome to the site, lots of good advice to be had, the wine sounds good as long as you don't overdo it, take care now xx

duskess
28-04-09, 17:49
Hello and welcome to NMP , glad you found us , you will get lots of good advice , support and understanding from members , take care:welcome: Dusky x

Wee-Mee
28-04-09, 19:44
Hi :hugs:

Hope you feel at home soon.

You should fit in well :D
Everyone here is lovely

Take care and I don't think 2 glasses of wine would hurt just as always be careful with meds

Amy xxxxxxxx

Southern_Belle
29-04-09, 16:17
Hi Kewy,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. I don't think two glasses of wine will hurt you but must say that alcohol acts as a depressant and if you are already depressed you should probably stay away from it for awhile, it can also increase anxiety too. Glad you found us, you are not alone!

Take care,

Laura