PDA

View Full Version : Inner ear problems!

CJH86
28-04-09, 21:05
Hi all......Ive been suffering from Eustacian tube dysfunction since having a virus in late dec. Does anyone else have this problem? I am starting to worry and in true health anxiety style starting to identify the symptoms with much more serious diseases! :scared15:

Its driving me round the bend and at the moment i feel like im on a plane all the time - bit of an earache, constantly needing to pop my ears, pressure feeling round head which makes me feel 'odd' and rumbling sounds in my ears that come and go.......it seems to have got worse in light of the hayfever season beginning, so im attempting some antihistamines in desperation that they will help!

I have to wait untill next week to see my Doc again so also wondering if anyone has any home remedy type ideas (other than sudafed) to ease symptoms??! help!

countrygirl
28-04-09, 23:06
Don't take decongestants ie sudafed as they can dry up the sinuses actually making the thickness of whats there worse. I had eustacian tube dysfunction badly quite a few years ago and I could hear my voice in one ear really loundly and if I tapped on that side of my head it sounded hollow:)

Told lots of steam - ent tried a gromet in my ear but that made me worse and it eventually improved but it took about 9 months.

angietomjimandcass
29-04-09, 10:20
I have this, and feel dizzy all the time and my face is puffy.