PDA

View Full Version : Breathlessness

indigo
28-04-09, 22:04
I am experiencing breathlessness at the moment. I can't say that I am particularly anxious although the swine flu thing and my dad going to prison next friday for being a paedophile may be on my mind. (haven't seen my dad for 23 years so him going to prison is a good thing by the way!!!)

Does anyone else experience this, it just feels like i have to remember to breathe, which i obviously know my body will do it on its own, but it just feels this way???

Danny_dingle
28-04-09, 22:59
Breathlessness is definitely a big part of anxiety, I know I get it a lot even when I am not having a panic attack, and can also be a sign of an ordinary cold.

It is highly unlikely that you have caught this weird flu strain; remember when bird flu came about, and everyone thought we were all going to die, and it never happened? It will just be like that again this time, I am sure.

The media loves a good scare story so they are feeding off this like goodness knows what; don't listen! Give it a few months and everyone will have forgotten all about this fluey thing.

Take care hun,

Danny xxx

indigo
28-04-09, 23:05
Thanks Danny, I know, i freaked over bird flu and stopped eating chicken, eggs and anything to do with birds!!!

Although not freaking this time, it is in the media alot!!!

I have had a bit of a cold and a horrible cough for the last month so maybe its that as well as a bit of anxiety. I just really hate getting symptoms when i don't feel particularly anxious!!!! If i feel anxious then i can justify my symptom.

x

Nicola_lou
29-04-09, 00:15
Hi, I'm suffering bad with this tonight to and I'm home alone which isn't helping my boyfriends nights so I guess I'm anxious cause I got the heavy chest to.
I suffer with air hunger sometimes I think omg I'm not breathing. And wake up in the middle of the night like I'm holding my breath.
You feeling any better now?

indigo
29-04-09, 21:52
Hi nicola, yes i am feeling much better thank you but if i think about it , it comes back!!! I went for a run this afternoon and my breathing was very steady and regular etc. so bearing that in mind i am sure there is nothing wrong but it is anxiety making!!! How are you feeling now?
x x x

Nicola_lou
30-04-09, 01:41
i find the nights worse like tonight i got it again i can control it through the day but like tonight im lying in bed and feel like im breathing through a straw so i cant sleep once agin plus im back in work tomorrow so dreadind it, it maybe causing my anxiety to rise but im not particulary panicky just this breathlessness. its the worst thing ive had and it scares me so much it sticks with me.

Romo
30-04-09, 03:47
yes I did last night and a week ago. My dad mentioned something about some heart thing and later I felt heart and breathing/ breathless symptoms of course. I realized I already had heart surgery and there can be nothing wrong with me anymore and I stopped feeling like that. Just drank something hot and took deep breaths and thought of other things and of course my breathing problem went away. I sometimes feel that way if I haven't slept because my stomach is messed up and causes me to feel that way.. but i think that;s normal.

Nicola_lou
01-05-09, 00:09
i know how you feel, i think sometimes am i breathing wrong, can i breath wrong, then i get tingles in my body and think its my breathing. such a hard thing to control.