PDA

View Full Version : Worry about ovarian cancer

Nomoreworry
28-04-09, 23:17
Hi,

I hope that somebody can relate to this. About 10 days ago I started to feel a stitch like pain in my left side - I also felt slightly constipated. The pain then moved on to my lower abdomen and again was like a sharp, brief stitch like pain. I immediately thought that I had ovarian cancer and that it was pressing onto my bowel. My back then started to hurt - more of a muscle soreness than anything. The next thing is that my period does not arrive - by this time all sorts of things are going through my head - not helped by trying to diagnose myself on the internet!! I saw my Dr yesterday and she told me to go and do a pregnancy test and to come back tomorrow. She did not seem overly concerned and thought it sounded like bowel problems if not pregnancy. I am not pregnant and now have my period but I am still worried. Just so you know, this is not the first time that I have believed that I have a serious illness - not long ago I was convinced I had a brain tumour.
My mum nearly died when I was 12 from a brain haemhorrage (sorry if not spelt right). If I am not obsessing about my own health then I am obsessing about my two children or my husband. I don't think I can stand this much longer - just want to enjoy life.
Thanks
x

randomworry
29-04-09, 17:13
hi nomoreworry yeah your GP is right is most likely bowel problem because your stressed.

dont worry about it too much
all the best

Nomoreworry
29-04-09, 18:38
Thanks. Have been to the Dr today and she thinks IBS but has run loads of blood tests just to satisfy herself that is nothing serious even though she thinks there is nothing to worry about - easier said than done!

Wee-Mee
29-04-09, 23:22
I understand how it is sweety.

I gots an ultrasound tomorrow aswell after having a pelvic infection!

Thats all away but now the test is here... meep!

I have bad bowel probs too,don't worry,I think bowels just go haywire when we get all anxious and worked up.

Take care now

Amy xxxxxxxxx

madelaine
30-04-09, 00:52
ur stress cood be causin the pain or u may have ibs a hope ur gp helps to reassure u that ur fine good luck