PDA

View Full Version : Info on Swine flu

Hollytree
28-04-09, 23:45
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Pandemic-flu/Pages/QA.aspx

If this link doesn't work for some reason, go to NHS direct website and check it out from there, has loads of good information and advice.

I know this can be a scary time for us all and especially those of us with HA, i think we should all feel safe that precautions are being made, this is a positive step. My advice is if you are really worried or feel like you are getting any symptoms go visit your doctor.

However i would say we have to 'keep it real' and not let our thoughts get carried away.

Take care :D:D

justbananas
29-04-09, 06:05
also let's all try to get our friends and family to use safety measures like anti-bacs and lots of hand washing, stay home if you're sick etc.. i know it's hard because most of us are probably the group hypochondriacs as far as our loved ones are concerned.. but still .. try to encourage safe behavior as well as engaging in it, and this will ease up.

jobear
29-04-09, 11:26
i kinda wish i hadnt clicked that!

starlight78
29-04-09, 12:03
I'm not at all making light of this as i know that these things must be so worrying for many people but i think its important to remember that sometime back it was Bird flu and all the hysteria in the press came to nothing... and before that we had Salmonella, Mad Cow desease, CJD, Saars, MRSA, the list goes on... The media has a catch phrase "it it dont bleed it dont lead" which basically means that they love a good horror story as it grabs attention and gets viewers and readers... I think the best thing is to try not to read anything about it.. which is the same advice you would get about anxiety over any illness.. xx