PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 5 months pregnant, a bit scared of giving birth....

joyce1980
29-04-09, 01:21
Hey guys, long time no see

So I have moved back to Aus and i'm seeing a psychiatrist and my GP, I am ob Zoloft now instead of Aropax (seroxat) it does the same job and keeps me well. I got diagnosed with OCD and severe depression rather than anxiety.

And OCD takes form in many ways, mine was my health amongst other things.

As usual going back on meds 4 weeks later the crap stops and I get better.

But although im on meds I seem to be really scared of giving birth, I'm over the moon to be pregnant!!! I guesss maybe this is a normal feeling.

I know it's not life threatening so sorry to bother you all, just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience.

Also if anyone would like some help on what they are going through I am here anytime I will never forget what it was like and It so amazing how all these symptoms which were so damn REAL just fade away............ the body really does do amazing things under long term stress.

My best to all

Joyce:hugs:

Nicola_lou
29-04-09, 02:35
congratulations. well i personally have never been pregnant or give birth. however i was my sisters birthing partner a year ago, and now have a fabulous baby girl that turned one last month. i wouldnt worry to much even though obviously its not easy but a wonderful outcome. and hey they know what their doing and have drugs on the brighter side. good luck hun

mau
29-04-09, 05:34
Joyce giving birth is one of the most natural things a woman can do.

For every 'horror' story there are thousands of wonderful births, honestly.

Yes it's going to hurt... Once you accept that, the pain is no where as bad as you will have imagined.

There really is nothing to be frightened or embarrassed about giving birth. The medic's have seen it all:roflmao:

Listen to your body when the time comes.:hugs:

Trixie
29-04-09, 06:59
I have had two children, the first took a bit longer and was a forceps but my second came out like a cork out of a bottle.

On the first I laid down all the time and when you think about it it is a bit silly I mean who has their bowels open lying down?

With my daughter I walked around all the time I was in labour (doing a crossword at the same time). It was only during the last hour that I lay down and that was only because the midwife wanted to examine me.

Then I had something that every woman should have in labour.

GAS AND AIR :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

It was fantastic and basically I didn't care what was happening. When I needed to push it was over so quickly the midwife didn't have chance to put a gown on.

And at the end of the day :yesyes: a healthy baby and that is all that matters.:flowers:

worriedem
29-04-09, 07:42
i have had two children and can honestly say its the most amazing experience in the world, yes painful but sooooo worth it! my first i had alot of pain relief and was lying down my second no pain relief and was moving around totally different but both so special and something i really hope i am lucky enough to go through again!! so dont worry xx

deb141
29-04-09, 08:42
Hi, i had my first child in December and was absolutely terrified !. I went over 11 days and had to be induced. It was painful but i had an open mind and just had any drug going !. In the end i had an epidural and it was fab, baby needed to be helped out with a vontouse, she was obviously too comfy. 5 months down the line the experience has faded and now i am really enjoying being a mom to a beautiful baby girl, i am so glad i did it. My advice is to go with the flow and don't worry about being embarrassed, when i was giving birth there was 7 people in the room and i could not have cared less !. PM me if you want a chat, i know how your feeling x

tashbarnes87
29-04-09, 09:21
Hi joyce!!!! 5 months all ready im so jealous cant wait to have another baby but hubby to be says nope!! My birth wasnt the best experience ONLY because i was induced an so wasnt ready to go in to labout ( they then admitted my dates must have been wrong) it was only horrible becaue it took so long, i would have loved to go naturally. Yes it hurt but i had the inducing drip which makes everything so much more painful but i was fine & to be honest imbraced the pain & enjoyed it slightly as i knew i was one step closer to seeing baby Euan. aww hun you will be fine :) to do you know what your having yet? x

diane07
29-04-09, 09:32
Hi joyce,

congratulations, firstly every woman i know gets scared, its the unknowing of how its going to be, i have had 3 children, my first was forceps delivery, my second flew out, my third i had to be induced like tash so i had an epidural, i was always scared of having an epidural, but it was that good, in hindsight, i'd have had it with all of them, i could still feel the baby coming but just couldn't feel any pain.

best wishes

di xx

mumof4
29-04-09, 12:41
hi

dont be scared i have done it 3 times and twice with no pain medication it is the most beatfuill thing in the world and once ur baby is born u will forget all about the birth.

if birth was that bad loads of people wouldnt have loads off kids.

all my 3 kids where quick first one was 5 hours 2nd was 45mins and 3rd was 3 hours.

to be honest i havent found childbirth painfull

all the best goodluck

amu
29-04-09, 13:05
My son's birth was so fast that there was no time for any preparation, any painkillers and he was born with hardly any medical help half an hour after we arrived at the hospital. Despite the fact I had no painkillers, it was a thousand times less painful that I imagined, everyone can do it, and it's a walk in the park compared to health anxiety and OCD! :)

lrforge
29-04-09, 13:27
I remember being frightened to no end when I was getting close to giving birth to my baby boy. BUT I kept telling myself, millions of women do this everyday. And really, you do forget about everything else once you have that baby. I had a c-section because he was breech and was petrified, but really, it went well and a friend of mine says thats what she prefers after having one. Your body will heal-women are made to do this. Its natural and beautiful. I am very grateful I got to experience it.

anita81
29-04-09, 15:43
I understand.i was exactly the same before the birth of my first,i was absolutly petrified.it didnt matter to me how millions of women do it,it was me that had to do it and i was scared.Read as much as you can about labour and delivery so you know what to expect.Also read up on things you wouldnt usually expect eg forceps deliverys,c sections so you will be prepared for anything that may arise.Knowledge is key for a scare free labour.Once you go into labour you will only then realise that its not as scary as you once thought.

andie73
29-04-09, 18:36
Hi Joyce

I know exactly how you are feeling right now. I am 21 weeks pregnant with my first child and though I am trying not to get obsessively scared, I think about it every day, usually just before I go to sleep.

I am terrified, I have tocophobia (fear of child birth) though up to now I think the hormones have kept me quite calm. I have put of having a child for ages because of my fears of giving birth. Now I am delighted to be pregnant, feeling the baby move is wonderful. But deep down I know that this moment is coming and I'm terrified.

If you want to pm me please do, as it may help to talk about this. But believe me you are def not alone. I think it would be more weird if you weren't scared.

joyce1980
29-04-09, 23:48
All of those messages and stories were really helpful, I guess I have no choice lol but to give birth one way or another.:blush:

I don't know the sex of my baby as yet, I find out in a week tash.

It was really helpful to know that others felt the same and understand, I will do some more reading,

Thanks, also if anyone else would like an ear on depression or ocd or anything just a chat pm anytime.

THANK YOU:winks: