PDA

View Full Version : New GP

mau
29-04-09, 06:13
In short: It took me years to pluck up the courage to go to the doc's, when I finally did. I told him how I had felt for years and we established a Doc', patient rapport. Well, I had started to trust him.

Since December I've been on repeat prescriptions and when I collected my last 'script I was informed I had to make an appointment to see the GP.

Yesterday I called the surgery to make an app' only to be told my GP had retired. As I was already anxious about having to leave the house to visit the surgery, I'm even more wound up about having to meet a new GP.

amandaj
29-04-09, 10:57
he might be really helpful maybe book an appointment so you can tell how they are face to face

duskess
29-04-09, 19:27
Hi Mau , Thats happened to me before and i explained to the new gp how i was feeling and was reassured i would get the same trust and care , im
pleased to tell you i did i still do , try to go and explain how you feel your new gp will understand , take care Dusky x

mau
01-05-09, 00:15
Well after all the angst and numerous visits to the loo (TMI):D, I managed to get myself up to the Doc's.

He was lovely, he listened to me, offered solutions.

I was going to write I feel daft about getting so wound up.

BUT YA KNOW, I'M WELL CHUFFED WITH MYSELF:yahoo:

I put my 'script into the chemist AND said I would collect it on Fri' thus forcing myself to leave the house on Friday.

duskess
01-05-09, 00:22
Hi Mau , well done, i know the feeling but its a better feeling when you have done it :yesyes: take care Dusky x:yahoo:

mau
01-05-09, 00:38
Hi Mau , well done, i know the feeling but its a better feeling when you have done it :yesyes: take care Dusky x:yahoo:

Thanks dusky....Such a simple has left me feeling chuffed.