PDA

View Full Version : Anyone felt ill after coming off Cipralex??

IrishBliss
20-08-05, 01:00
Hi,

I had been on Cipralex from the end of last summer direction.

It worked wonders on me, I was able to go out again, feel fine about being alone, did not panic in silly situations.

I have a weight problem (In other words I am fat! lol) and myself and the Dr think my image issues contribute to my anxiety.

So we decided between us I should go on Reductil, it basically switches you hunger off.

But and a big But it is, I have to stop the cipralex to take it.

I was on 10mg of Cipralex and over 2 weeks took it down to 5mg and then stopped.

For 5 days I was fine but then I started to feel dizzy, nauseous and quite frankly horrible.

My Dr is on holiday so I need advice.

Anyone else has these symptoms once they stopped cipralex? How long will they last?

I have not started REDUCTIL yet as I want to get myself feeling better first.

Now I am starting to wonder if I should just restart the cipralex, I can;t really take much more of this horrible feeling I have had for the past week.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Emma

seh1980
20-08-05, 10:37
hi Emma,

I stopped Cipralex in February and I had the same side-effects that you describe. It's not very pleasant but they didn't last too long with me. Give yourself another week for your body to feel normal again. Don't just start taking it again for the hell of it because doing that, you will find it very difficult to ever come off it in the future. Hang in there!

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
20-08-05, 11:42
You stopped far too quickly...

These feeling will wear off but may take a couple more weeks.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

IrishBliss
20-08-05, 23:22
Thanks for replying, it is just a comfort to hear others say it will go away.

I was just following my Dr's orders, I know nothing about medication, and I just followed her orders.

Meg
21-08-05, 00:11
I know , its dreadful that doctors don't know enough about coming off them correctly

Sorry you're struggling- it will ease

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

lissylady67
19-03-10, 14:27
I was put on cipralex 3 weeks ago after being on seroxat for years as I still suffered with panic attacks. I have never felt so bad being on cipralex they have made me feel aggressive sick mood swings and stomach cramps. Maybe 3 weeks is not long enough for them to kick in. I was ment to have a review last week but I managed to get to the surgery and started feeling panicky as i always do, I went to the reception and asked if the doctor could phone me as i was going home, they rang through to my gp who deals with mental health and said she would call me in a few mins after they explained to her I was not feeling to good. Another 10 mins I waited outside and still nothing so I came home feeling even worse. I never got a call from her or the surgery to see if I was ok, so I have decided to come off them and try to see how my life will be without meds. I done it once before and felt good but then something bad happened in my family and I had a breakdown so therefore had to go back on meds. I have found cipralex the worse meds I have ever taken the side effects are horrendous suicidle thoughts which I have never experiened before.