PDA

View Full Version : Having Blood Pressure Problem

amishi_ash
20-08-05, 03:54
Hello All,
Some time due to Panic and Anxiety, My blood pressure starts to go up. Some time it goes to around 140/90. This makes me very nervous. But after some time of relaxation, it goes back to normal. But once that happens my whole day goes like a damp. I am all depressed for whole day, I search and read all about the blood pressure over the internet.

I have cut down on salt, fat & do swimming. But when my BP goes up, It must make me feel, As if nothing is working for me. Its just break me up like anything.

I know it all in my mind, My G.P has done all the test on me and everything is fine with my Heart & Kidney.
But I don't know, whether this symptoms is unique for me , or some one have this same symptoms like me?? And if Yes, Can some body help in this matter. Like how do they cope up with this nervousness.

Thanks,
Amit.

"Tomorrow is Mystery, Yesterday was History, Today is a Gift called as Present"

seh1980
20-08-05, 10:39
It's very normal for blood pressure to shoot up and down when suffering from anxiety. You certainly are not alone with this. By exercising and eating well you seem to be doing all the right things. I think that by learning how to cope with anxiety as a whole, the situation with your blood pressure will improve as well. Try some relaxation techniques.

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
20-08-05, 11:28
**Some time it goes to around 140/90**

This is still within the normal parameters, so if this is what it goes up to when you're anxious , then at rest and calmness you are absolutely fine with no need for concern at all.

It rises when anxious due to natural adrenalin recations.

Regular meditation has bene found to be very beneficial in controlling blood pressure.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?