PDA

View Full Version : ok i think ive got this pig flu

jobear
29-04-09, 13:42
i have the symptoms.. i feel sick, sore throat, tired and loss of appetite and just feel weird in genral. ive been told im silly and i wont have but am worrying!!!

jo x

nomorepanic
29-04-09, 13:46
So where did you catch it then?

angietomjimandcass
29-04-09, 13:47
no you havent.

mick_uk
29-04-09, 13:49
Get to a vet quickly :scared15:

lauren6
29-04-09, 14:00
Mick, that's funny!!! On a serious note though, I hope people aren't rushing to emergency rooms with colds. The best thing to do now is stay far away from there unless it's warranted, you don't want to be around sick people or possibly catch what you don't have now.

kittykat
29-04-09, 14:00
i visited my sister in law on sunday and her neighbour was back from cuba with her son,we were all chatting for while they had been back 6 days, so ive been checking the flights to make sure they dont go via mexico as ive been panicking cause i have a tickly cough and a scratchy throat:scared15: So im convinced i have the start of it as my throat started last night. Im going to email her to make sure the neighbour is fine i know she'll think im crazy but its for my peace of mind........i hate this

jobear
29-04-09, 14:03
no i am actually worried. i had a look at the symptoms i dunno just made me think omg i have that? its only started last night i probs am just being silly. i just cant help but worry

Skyline On Fire
29-04-09, 14:07
It is physically impossible for you to have it now.

mick_uk
29-04-09, 14:16
Jobear,
It's probably just a cold or you're run down or just you getting anxious after hearing the news. I'm sure if it was in your area you would have been told.
Try and think about other things, you will be fine.

mick

amandaj
29-04-09, 14:22
its prob this awful cold ive got ive had it weeks now ,mine started with a sore throat ,theres def loads of colds hanging about ,the other day i thought poo ive got swine flu ,then i thought dont be ridiculous youve just got a cold that wont go away its this silly weather keep changing unless youve been to mexico i very much doubt it is that

BNCfan
29-04-09, 14:28
There were loads of other nasty flu/cold bugs going around long before this darn Swine Flu hit the headlines - the journalists are having a field day. We all stand an equal chance of getting it as we do of not getting it and worrying about it won't help one bit. Stay away from crowds as much as possible and, as someone else said, hospitals and doctors' waiting rooms and avoid public transport if you can - walking is healthier! Remember all the other alarms there have been in recent years - SARS, BIRD FLU - to name but two. It's in the drug company's interests to keep us scared, that way they get medical companies to buy large stocks of their drugs - ££££££££. I'm as big a health anxiety sufferer as anybody, but let's try and keep this in proportion. As far as I know there have been no deaths yet outside Mexico and I would suspect that their health facilities fall short when compared with even our dwindling resources here in the UK Good luck everyone. Helen

angietomjimandcass
29-04-09, 14:51
It most likley hayfever, have an anti-histamine and relax.

lauren6
29-04-09, 14:56
There was a death in Texas but the child was brought there for help from Mexico....so it's not like he caught it from someone in Texas. There are cases popping up all over NYC but how many have you had in Britain? Don't worry!

justbananas
29-04-09, 19:18
i don't think it's helpful for people to laugh it off or say 'omg you have absolutely no chance of having it' .. however it is unlikely. general allergy or cold symptoms do not point towards the flu. extreme muscle pain to the point of feeling run over by a truck, severe lethargy, and major breathing problems should be the reason to call a doc (and not just show up of course at the doc office) - even then, still unlikely.. but your sore throats and coughs and general cold symptoms point to nothing more than an end of season cold. one which i currently have. try not to worry about it:)

GemmaDennis
29-04-09, 19:50
I Know What Most Of You Are Going through as i thought i had it but thought it through i havent been to mexico havent been in contact with anyone from mexico so trying to stop being silly ill start to worry when someone has it near me !! xx