PDA

View Full Version : Help feel awful

anx mum
29-04-09, 18:48
Having really bad panic attacks really feels like i cant breath so scared think im hyperventaling cos getting pins and needles:weep: :weep: :weep:

coleen1974
29-04-09, 18:58
The pins and needles are because of your quick breathing, try using a paper bag to breathe in to, it really works, and tell yourself this will go soon.
Hope you feel better soon .

starlight78
29-04-09, 19:00
Hi Anx mum... its bl**dy horrible isn't it.. Really concentrate on your breathing. Try square breathing. This is when you breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds, hold for 4 seconds, out through your mouth for 4 seconds and hold for 4 seconds.. do that for a few minutes and it will help the panic pass more quickly bug hugs xx

anx mum
29-04-09, 19:24
Have u had this dont know how 2 cope with it. Its scaring me how long did u have it?

starlight78
29-04-09, 19:33
It will pass it always does.. focus on your breathing and try and do something to distract yourself.. remember that although it feels horrible the symptoms cant and wont hurt you! huge hugs xx

anx mum
29-04-09, 19:57
Thanx hun u had it alot?

starlight78
29-04-09, 20:00
Yes alot quite recently, but its past now.. I would get very intense feelings of panic and was petrified.. Initially i just did the breathing, but then when i got better at recognising when they were coming i would do some exercise like leaping about the room to music to use up the adrenalin... I probably looked like a right Lunatic but it helped loads... Its difficult to say how long i felt bad for as it crept up on me a bit, but probably about 3 months.
Like i said i'm really past the worst now and happy again... It will pass for you to hun xx

anx mum
29-04-09, 20:07
Have had it before think its the worse symptom of all cos u feel like your suffocatting.

starlight78
29-04-09, 20:09
Yes totally horrible.. I became pretty obsessed with my breathing or inability to breathe i should say, when i was really bad, but dont think about it at all now... It's just another of the pesky symptoms.. it cant hurt you xx

anx mum
29-04-09, 20:12
thanks hun feel little better now. Do u still get panics?

S C
29-04-09, 20:23
Just remember nothing will happen to you - it never does.

Yes it feels weird, horrible, frightening, but its fine and normal. Had these attacks for about 11 years now - i was quite young when they first started and didnt know what was happening for years. Wish i had the help back then and maybe i wouldnt have let these thoughts get any worse - but it never worked liked that so im still fighting them now. Got a lot better in recent years until last week when i had the worst week since they started -

But guess what - i never fainted, i wasnt sick, i just felt rubbish for it

Nothing will happen to you - be brave

Simon xx

starlight78
29-04-09, 20:28
I dont get panics at the moment although i did feel it building a few days back but i was able to stop it just through breathing.. also did a bit of seat dancing as I was in the car.. xx