PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone. Im new to this - any advice about Sertraline would be much appreciated

lisam
29-04-09, 20:46
Hi everyone, I was first diagnosed with OCD when I was 18. I also suffered with depression and anxiety. I went on to Citalopram 20mg and when I have had blips I have increased by 10mg. Last June I had a bad experience on holiday and increased to 60mg. But I found that it wasnt doing me any good. So 5 weeks ago I changed my medication to Sertraline which was recommended to me by my therapist. I started on 50mg and then went to a 100mg after 2 weeks. Then I saw a pyschiatrist for the first time last week and he said to increase to 150mg and then after a week to 200mg. I have found that every time I have increased it has made me feel so down at first. Is this normal? And also its nearly been 5 weeks and I want to feel loads better! Is it normal to not feel back to my normal self yet?

Thanks x x x x

duskess
29-04-09, 23:31
Hello Lisa, Welcome to NMP , Lots of advice support and understanding members ,i dont know about Sertraline Medication it may be on the forum under medications , i do hope you start to feel better soon , im sure the NMP members will do all they can to help ,you take care:welcome: Dusky x

Southern_Belle
30-04-09, 12:45
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. I myself only tried Zoloft (USA name for it) for a very short time and so all I can say is most of these meds can take more than a month before you feel like they are working. I would give it some more time and keep in touch with your doctor. Glad you found us, you are not alone!

Take care,

Laura

lisam
30-04-09, 18:49
Thanks for the support guys x x x x

amandaj
30-04-09, 20:14
welcome to nmp lots of help here anytime of the day

lorac
30-04-09, 22:12
Hi Lisa

Welcome to the site there is lots of good information on here and many people who will offer you support and advice.

Take care

Carol

kittykat
01-05-09, 09:06
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice on here, take care xx

bobobob
01-05-09, 09:39
Lisam, Hi. Welcome, I've been a member for one week, it's been so helpful. Hope it's good for you. Hug