PDA

View Full Version : oral cancer or being stupid?

Fingerz
29-04-09, 21:01
Hey

Ok ive been fine for two weeks with no panics or nothing. But over the last two days Ive noticed a kinda rough/semi dry patch in the top left of my mouth. It looks a little bit red and I can feel a lump within the patch and im terrified of it being cancer. I showed my GP today and she said to get it checked by a dentist if it persists and said give it 3-4 weeks. I do smoke but not much and I dont drink. I had a recent dental check up and my dentist never said anything. Ive also had a burning sensation in my left nostril and had spots of blood in my mucus when I blew it today. Ive also had tingly lips and an achey cheek bone. Im not sure what to think. Anyone have any ideas? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

fluffy
29-04-09, 21:44
Hi Adam,

I don't think that I would be concerned if I had been checked by my Doctor - I am sure that if she was in any doubt about what this is then she would have referred you for further investigation, also the dentist did'nt mention anything. I often get odd spots of blood when I blow my nose - I think it is a result of being over enthusiastic! I also know that if I get all sorts of symptoms if I get really concerned about something & can get all sorts of of pains etc, all without any foundation! I really hope that you will feel less worried about this very soon,

take care,
fluffy

srachel
01-05-09, 10:31
:D Hey Enjoy your life its not about worry.............

Just Remove your fear.

lauren6
01-05-09, 12:23
Adam, the achy cheek bone could be sinus irritation. I have had blood also on and off all of my life and no problem has ever been diagnosed, had sinus x-rays once. A dentist or oral surgeon is usually more knowledgeable about mouth sores. I have also had various lumps on the roof of my mouth that have always gone away. In the days when I was less anxious about my health, I would ignore them. Don't want to preach but I had a cancer scare (kidney), something on a cat scan which turned out to be a blood vessel but I wanted to kill myself for ever having smoked and felt it was too late. I was lucky and got away with it but I hate to see people who actually get cancer and say "If only I stopped smoking years ago" or never started. The day that I thought I had cancer, I quit smoking, that was 9 years ago. You don't want to ever hear that diagnosis and this is something for which you have control. I guess I am preaching but with health anxiety, we go through enough and the best thing is prevention so that the real thing never happens. Anyway, if the sore is still there, see if you can get a hold of an oral surgeon to diagnose and treat it.