PDA

View Full Version : please help

becciboo
29-04-09, 21:25
I keep thinking that my mind is being possessed by something evil, its making me feel very uneasy and I keep panicking, all the anxiety and stress Im going through is hell and I keep thinking about evil things. the world just doesnt seem the same anymore, I dont know whats going on. Please help.I just want it to end.

starlight78
29-04-09, 21:44
HI Becci, Its really hard to know what is going on for you from your post, but its obvious that you are really struggling.. Have you seen your GP and been referred to a CMHT? Please have hope there is alot of help out there for you xx

becciboo
29-04-09, 21:48
Im going to see my gp on friday. I thought before about why I feel the way I do and I just suddenly had a thought that it could be some evil thing taking over my mind, it sounds stupid I know! I think its intrusive thoughts but I cant help but worry that its signs of a serious mental illness.x

starlight78
29-04-09, 21:53
Thats great that you've a doctors appointment book, thats the first step to feeling better. Make sure that they refer you to the local CMHT or for CBT therapy. It sounds very much like intrusive thoughts to me.. but that can be just as horrible as more serious mental health problems and you need support to get through it. Read up as much as you can about intrusive thoughts on good safe sites like this one, MIND and Anxiety No More... This will help you recognise these scary thoughts as being part of the anxiety and very treatable.. xx

starlight78
29-04-09, 21:55
Oh and by the way what your saying doesn't sound stupid at all!!! I think we've all thought that we were losing our minds or in some way being taken over by something horrible at sometime or another. Anxiety and depression can distort our thinking and give us all sorts of unusual thoughts but these will pass when the anxiety gets better xx

becciboo
29-04-09, 21:59
thanks for the replies I really appreciate it. Its so hard at the time to think that thoughts like this are intrusive, because they seem so real. It scares me to think that I could go mad or lose my mind.And thats probably what keeps the anxiety alive, its such a vicious cycle.

starlight78
29-04-09, 22:04
Absolutely your spot on there.. It sounds like you've already got good insight into what helps and what doesn't. You absolutely are not going mad.. Thats is another very common symptom of anxiety. I know i've said it many many times on here but its really only the anxious that worry about going mad, those that are losing touch with reality have no insight into it.
You are experiencing high anxiety, and it will pass. xx

suzy-sue
29-04-09, 22:05
Becciboo , I totally agree with Starlight. By thinking this you are making your anxiety worse, which makes the thoughts even more frightening. If you had a severe mental illness these thoughts wouldnt bother you.Hope your appointment goes well at the Drs and you feel better soon .Take care LUV Sue:hugs:

starlight78
29-04-09, 22:05
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Some hugs for you xx

becciboo
29-04-09, 22:24
thanks, I really need the support and Im so glad you have replied, I cant thank you enough.x

kt79
29-04-09, 22:53
Im sorry to hear your feeling so bad. Sounds like intrusive thoughts to me. Good you going to see your GP, talking it through will probably help you alot. Im no expert but I would not worry about it being anything more serious as I would think if it was you would have no realisation that anything was wrong. I had the same thing after having my baby which scared me alot so I know how your feeling. Hope this helps:yesyes:

madelaine
30-04-09, 00:35
i hope ur gp helps u there is help out there cbt very good {talk therapy} ur thoughts are brought on by ur axiety ur not going ma i promise things o get better in time good luck;-]

S C
30-04-09, 09:12
Hi becci

had to think about this one as i couldnt relate when i first read it last night. Suddenly it clicked. Yes i do have bad thoughts and have had them for a while but it doesnt bother me in the slightest and it shouldnt bother you either.

One example that comes to mind was when someone coughed (it was a family member in this instance) and in my head the first reaction was a reply on the lines of 'oh just die'. lol

Very harsh i know - i never meant a word of it but it didnt stop me thinking it.

I think these thoughts come about because i am angry inside (panic, stress, anxiety) all these thoughts can make you into a different person and a argumentative person filled with hate. So i reply with hate. They dont mean anything - i dont even think about them anymore - i normally just reply to myself on the lines of ' that was harsh or uncalled for' then just get on with what im doing.

Your not going mad you will get over it just try and de-stress and enjoy life.

All the best

Simon

becciboo
30-04-09, 17:52
thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate it.
I have felt the same today though- like Im going mad or getting schizophrenia with all these crazy thoughts about evil/good/the world. Is it true that if you feel something is wrong that you've probably not got schizophrenia? Ive heard that people who have schizophrenia dont realise it or dont see anything wrong.x