PDA

View Full Version : Please give me some reassurance!!!!!

lisam
29-04-09, 21:33
Hi everyone, I was first diagnosed with OCD when I was 18. I also suffered with depression and anxiety. I went on to Citalopram 20mg and when I have had blips I have increased by 10mg. Last June I had a bad experience on holiday and increased to 60mg. But I found that it wasnt doing me any good. So 5 weeks ago I changed my medication to Sertraline which was recommended to me by my therapist. I started on 50mg and then went to a 100mg after 2 weeks. Then I saw a pyschiatrist for the first time last week and he said to increase to 150mg and then after a week to 200mg. I have found that every time I have increased it has made me feel so down at first. Is this normal? And also its nearly been 5 weeks and I want to feel loads better! Is it normal to not feel back to my normal self yet?

Thanks x x x x

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

lrforge
30-04-09, 15:50
I am pretty sure thats normal. I started about 5 weeks ago, week and a 1/2 at 25mg which the therapist said that won't do anything, so I upped it to 50 mg on April 16th. I think I am finally starting to feel it now, but I think when you up it, it will do that. Everyone is different, but it should kick in soon.

lisam
30-04-09, 18:48
Hi, thanks for your advice x x x x

joyce1980
06-05-09, 01:52
Wow lisa you have the same story as me, I was also 18
I'm 26 now and on zoloft i used to be on paroxetine (seroxat)

You are on quite a large dose, if you don't feel like you know you should it may just be a simple case of trying another type of med.

Your Dr and Psyc will know

you will be just fine

lisam
09-05-09, 17:16
Hia, thanks for the reply. The therapist and my doc has said to continue and that theres loads of time to work yet! Ive decided not to increase to 200mg and Im going to stay on 150mg x x x x