PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself, and rambling on.

IllegallyBlond
30-04-09, 06:14
Hello everyone! I'm so happy I came across this site. I am a anxiety attack sufferer, and I absolutely hate it. I was reading the home page under health worries, and was thinking that is totally me. I'm always thinking something as small as a headache is an aneurysm, or cramping in my legs is a blood clot. It seems like I think all the time, and make a mountain out of a mole hill. Recently I went to the doctor, because I've been having horrible headaches, and my vision was getting blurry. I also noticed that my pupil in my left eye was slightly larger than my right. Automatically, I think aneurysm, or brain tumor. Well the doctor looked at my eye and told me to go to an eye doctor because my pupil was working normally, just a little bigger than the other. Well today was that appointment, and come to find out, I've had a bigger pupil in my left eye since I was a baby. He told me to go home, and look at older photo's and see if it was like that, and sure enough it was. I felt like a dummy. I try to keep myself from thinking to much into things, but I can't seem to shut it off.

With my anxiety I also don't like to take med's. I always read the side effects and think I'd rather deal with the other. My doctor recently gave me klonopin to take when the first signs of a panic attack comes on. Well, that hasn't happened because the thought of taking the med's make my anxiety worse. My husband don't understand that. He asks if you know it will make whatever you are feeling go away, what's the problem? The problem is my fear is so overwhelming over something happening to me if I take this pill, and I know the panic attack will go away. He's probably starting to think I'm crazy. Anyway, enough with the rambling. I'm very excited to meet other people who suffer from the same things I do. If anyone at all can tell me how klonopin has effected them, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I can get the nerve up to take it. :)

diane07
30-04-09, 07:14
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support on here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

amandaj
30-04-09, 12:42
welcom to nmp its a great site and will help you lots
amandax

Southern_Belle
30-04-09, 12:55
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Glad you found us, you are not alone!

Take care,

Laura

purple to black
30-04-09, 16:23
Hi,

Welcome to NMP! Loads of great info on here and you are not alone in your thoughts

I have the same irrational fear of meds too...

duskess
30-04-09, 16:49
Hello and Welcome to NMP , lots of help and advice here, glad you found us , take care , :welcome: Dusky x

kittykat
01-05-09, 09:02
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice on here, take care xx

Tink
03-05-09, 21:14
Hello
I have the same prob with meds so u r not alone here. My doc said on wed I have IBS from the anxiety and prescribed some tablets. Not started taking them yet as scared going to get side effects!
U will find lots of support here tho, it really has helped me since joining. Helps knowing u r not the only one as to start with I thought it was just me.
Take care

Tink xxx