PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack this morning

wisey78uk
30-04-09, 10:53
Hi all,

First time posting on this site. I have been having anxiety/panic attacks now for a couple of months. I decided not to go down the medication route, instead opting for acupuncture, acupressure, massages, yoga, and relaxation visualistations. And it has been working to a degree. I also went to see a hypnotherapist last week, and went back this morning.

Now this is the weird bit that led me to have a mild panic attack this morning. I was lying down on his couch listening away, and I started to have this feeling my tongue was really thick. My limbs started to feel as though they were miles away - I could still feel them, still wiggle them, knew they were there, but my perception was that the distance to them was massive. With my eyes closed, instead of being close and comfortable, it felt as though I was in a massive area and couldn't see the ends.

I have felt this before and its generally late at night when trying to get to sleep. I can't remember my first time but its was a long time ago. But it has never led to a panic attack before.

Has anyone ever had these sensations before?

Thanks

Colin

VickieX
30-04-09, 11:04
I havn't had the sensation of being miles away kinda thing.

But often i have the sensation of my limbs disconnecting from me.
How long does it take to pass?

xx

Best wishes
x

wisey78uk
30-04-09, 11:28
In pervious occasions I need to wake up, get out of bed and walk around a bit. The feelings pass quickly but the aftermath, the weirdness, can last a bit (if that makes sense).

What really got me freaked a bit was the hypnotherapist started talking about psychics and the like. REALLY unhelpful when am starting to have a panic attack :(

wisey78uk
30-04-09, 11:38
I shouldn't say wake up as am not really sleeping when this is happening...unless I am and thats the problem?

S C
30-04-09, 11:53
In pervious occasions I need to wake up, get out of bed and walk around a bit. The feelings pass quickly but the aftermath, the weirdness, can last a bit (if that makes sense).

TRY AND IGNORE THE WEIRDNESS - YOU GOT THROUGH IT SO DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE

What really got me freaked a bit was the hypnotherapist started talking about psychics and the like. REALLY unhelpful when am starting to have a panic attack :(

DONT FREAK OUT - JUST SIT THERE CALMLY AND LET THE FEELINGS PASS, IF YOU LET YOURSELF KEEP THINKING ABOUT ONE THING SAID THEN YOU WILL INCREASE ITS POWER OVER YOU - PLAY IT DOWN - IN FACT DONT DO ANYTHING BY PLAYING IT DOWN TOO MUCH YOUR STILL THINKING ABOUT IT

wisey78uk
30-04-09, 12:02
Thanks SC. Its the first time that those feelings have appeared in a long time. The panic attack after those feelings I got through easily, but yeah your advice is good, thanks.

Colin