PDA

View Full Version : A tip for Social Anxiety...

Blooregard
01-05-09, 04:44
I really hope I'm posting this in the correct manner, because I'm new here... (:

Well, I just wanted to post this here because it's a good piece of advice I've gotten and I wanted to see if it'd affect any of the people here.

Well, this past fall, I was going to audition for a special arts high school. There was a man that came to talk to us, a professional artist. I remember he was telling us tips for our interview.

He said, 'The best thing you can do is fake confidence.'

I mean, it sounds simple, right? But I haven't forgot it since he said it. I personally try to be more bold around my friends and even people I don't know well. I know that everything'll fall into place if it works out.

Anyway, just wanted to spread a good piece of advice to you guys. (: Take care.

Patty
01-05-09, 10:07
Hi Blooregard, :)

Thanks for the great tip. :yesyes:

Best wishes :flowers:

PoppyC
01-05-09, 11:00
Thanks for the tip Blooregard! :)
It is a good piece of advice.

duskess
02-05-09, 02:48
Thanks for the good advice makes sense to me , take care Dusky x:yesyes:

Ayesha17
13-05-09, 12:06
Hello thankyou for the tip it will help me alot, if I have any futur tips then i will share them :)

take care, Love Ayesha xx

Carefree
14-05-09, 22:04
Confidence is the face you wear :winks:

prodigy
17-05-09, 20:29
Thanks for the great tip!
I agree that confidence does help a lot.

jennismortal
23-05-09, 10:36
You have done an great job.
Such an informative and well formed post!
Thank you for sharing that, it was wonderful of you.

Ireni
24-05-09, 02:02
I remember my psychologist saying that people react well to someone who's confident which in turn gives them more confidence; whereas, people who have no confidence usually don't get such positive feedback and so they get caught in a cycle of low self-esteem and decreasing confidence. Pretending to be confident is, in my opinion, the first way to break that cycle.

:flowers:

seemann
25-05-09, 11:53
that's very true...i have faked it many times and i have felt very good on those occassions....One more thing, even when i feel anxious, i keep my head high and walk and behave as if i am very confident and i feel great and people around me feel that i am very confident....many of my friends consider me as a very confident person...but only i know what i am...............