View Full Version : It's back - help

Aileen33
01-05-09, 09:33
hi everyone, i have been suffering with health anxiety on and off for a few years but since november it seems to have gone.... about a week ago i handed in my dissertation at uni, a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into it and since then ive felt awful, almost like a comedown, ive been crying and also don't seem to be able to swallow properly, feels like something is stuck in my throat, chest and this morning i woke up feeling really sick... :-( im scared its cack and i dont know what to do.... my mind has 100% convinced me i have some terrible disease and im too scared to eat as it feels so uncomfortable. i have my final exams next week....

any advice would be greatly appreciated :) xx

mick_uk
01-05-09, 10:27
Hiya aileen,
No wonder you are feeling so rough.
You've been working really hard, and now you've got a final coming up. I bet you are not alone in feeling like that.
The swallowing problem is common with anxiety. Your mind has been so active lately that it now has a few days to cause you some anxiety. I'm sure once you have done your final you will start to feel right again. I know it's not easy but try and relax as much as you can. The fact that your anxiety went away before proves you can beat it.

take care and good luck next week

mick