PDA

View Full Version : aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tashbarnes87
01-05-09, 09:37
Hi all, god im worried i kept getting obsessed with taking my pulse i have noticed that certain times through out the day its irregular. It beats fast 3 times then kind of has a delayed beat & is normal again until it does it again. Can anyone tell me why? i just want this latest fear to be over

thanks all x

mick_uk
01-05-09, 09:46
Tash,
Your pulse varies throughout the day. Can react to drinks/food, anxiety, heat, cold.
I guess if you are taking it a lot then the anxiety of seeing what the results are are making it worse.
See if you can go a whole day without taking it, and then take it in the evening just once after you have been relaxing, I bet it's normal :D
Try not to keep taking it.

take care

mick

amandaj
01-05-09, 12:33
ive found the more worried you get the worse it becomes try to relax a little

countrygirl
01-05-09, 13:42
Your descriving the prefect ectopic.missed hearbeat - perfectly harmless I have had them for over 20 years very badly - I can have every 3rd beat a missed/ectopic one at their worst. Your heart is very good at regulating itself so what you will be feeling when you say the fast ones is the extra beat your heart has put in - your heart knows this is wrong so it pauses to reset itself then gives a really big beat to empty the heart of blood and this we feel as a thump in chest or throat or a sinking feeling in head and chest.

Unless you have serious heart disease which is very unlikely at your age then its completely harmless - only anxious people feel this I have been told, typical!

joyce1980
03-05-09, 08:39
Hey tash, have you spoken to the Drs about trying some meds yet... it's time to try.

your young and it can't hurt.

Oh and if you had a heart problem you would have had serious issues during your pregnancy. plus this is a very normal anxiety symptom.

x x x

jue67
03-05-09, 10:58
Hi.
welcome to my club. lol.
i take my pulse all the time and especially at the moment.
i can have a resting pulse of 66 - 75 which i think is okay, a few weeks ago i could feel the missed beats without taking my pulse, it still misses a few times but the doc said this is nothing, it can be caused by anxiety, and its scary. The other thing is that my husband listened to my heart and he couldnt hear a thing wrong.

i know its scary but i would try and lessen the times you feel your pulse(always good at giving others advice lol) i dare myself to take it less and figure if anything was wrong i would be on the floor.
so maybe give yourself a certain time as was suggested to take it, and i know how hard this can be and the temptation high to do it more often.

hope your okay

love and peace to you

jools