PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex- Weight gain- Please help

Pandagirl
01-05-09, 10:56
Hi. I've been on Cipralex for 12 months & although it's helping with my health anxiety & panic attacks (haven't had one for over a year) I've managed to gain over a stone in weight! I go to the gym regularly (good for my anxiety) & eat healthy. Its great to feel panic free & relatively "normal" but the weight gain is causing my anxiety to creep back again. Wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Franz
01-05-09, 14:17
I gained a lot of weight when I first went on clomipramine - at least a stone. At the time I was so relieved to be free of anxiety (temporarily, as it turned out) that I didn't really worry about my weight, although looking at photos now I can see I really was quite a larda**e :)

I eventually managed to lose a fair bit of weight just through eating fewer cakes and drinking less beer. I'd never had to worry about what I ate before I went on drugs, but I got used to watching my diet relatively quickly.

Don't crash diet though. I tried this at first, and apart from it making me feel weak and irritable all the time, I couldn't keep it up, and I put most of the weight back on as soon as I stopped.

bab
04-05-09, 21:44
i am on cipralex and i seem to get fatter by the minute!!! its so depressing

Trixie
04-05-09, 21:59
i am on cipralex and i seem to get fatter by the minute!!! its so depressing

I put on all the weight I lost (3 stone) since being on them.

Heathcliff
04-05-09, 22:47
i gained a bit but i think it because of depression