PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Eclyptic
01-05-09, 13:06
Hello...Iīm Tiago, from Portugal,25 years old. I hope you donīt mind me joining the forum, since i only see members from the U.K.
Been suffering from anxiety and panic for 5 long years. The first two years, i tought i was a special case of medicine (ahahah), since i did all the medical exams possible to the human beeing.
They did all those exams because they detected some small brain injuries, but i knew in my heart they had nothing to do with my condition, and i was right, still made 4 MRIīs (spaced in time to see the progression of the injuries, and it was none :)), lumbar punction and etc.. to see if i had multiple eschleorose.
Adding that period of medical exams to a person that suffers from anxiety and panic and doesnīt know, was not a nice period in my life, altough the medical exams all revelead i had nothing, i kept on feeling lost...
To sum up at the third year of my condition my family doctor prescribed me, psycotherapy and medication and at the end of 1 month seemed like i came to life again, and from that moment until know i was never fully convinced of this "disease", and had my ups and downs, until i researched the internet and found so many people with these problems and symptoms like mine. Should have done it a long time ago, still itīs better late than never... :)
Cheers to everyone and best of luck.
P.S. -After all iīm not a special case of medicine :)

Tiago

diane07
01-05-09, 13:15
Hi tiago,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way
We have people here from all over the world, usa austrailia etc so not just uk

Have a good look at the menu on the left its got some useful information there to help you and post on the forum and we'll help you all we can.

best wishes

di xx

bobobob
01-05-09, 13:28
Tiago, Welcome to this site. I have never talked to somebody in Portugal before. kinda cool.
What you have been through rings a bell. I had my third mri scan this week tring to see if something in my head has changed.
I to feel it won't show anything bad but at least I will know.
As suffering from depression and anxiety which I have had hospital treatment and therapy.
I can kind of understand the anxiety that you go through. It is very brave of you to face all of this.
You are a special case, a special person and don't forget that.
I look forward to talking with you again. Perhaps you could tell me a bit about Portugal at sometime.
With kindness .

Patty
01-05-09, 15:05
Hi Tiago, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

duskess
01-05-09, 15:41
Hi Tiago, Welcome to NMP , glad you found the site , lots of help advice and understanding here , take care:welcome: Dusky x

Southern_Belle
01-05-09, 16:17
Hi Tiago,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get their support. Glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

Veronica H
01-05-09, 17:01
:welcome: to NMP. Glad that you have found us. this is a warm and friendly place and many here will understand how you feel.

Veronica

Eclyptic
01-05-09, 17:24
Thank you all for your kind words... Itīs been a lot easier since i know what i have, but i think this disease has the positive thing of making the sufferers much better persons and no one should forget that...
Luckily i donīt have shame of telling my condition to my friends or anyone, since all people problems and have something to struggle with in their lives, so from that point of view weīre pretty normal...:)
Take Care

Tiago