PDA

View Full Version : Any over the counter medicines for Anxiety?

stacey2712
01-05-09, 13:22
Please I'm desparate, I'll try anything!

Dr as usual are booked up to the max and can't see me untill late next week.

Fed up of feeling as though I'm going to vomit, there is nothing wrong with me I know but had a sickness bug 3 weeks ago (still banging on about it - yes) and now i feel sick CONSTANTLY!

My mind is in over drive - I'm not eating enough at all - gone from 7st 9 to 6st 4 omg how do i stop this! Also I'm just not hungry because of nausea all the time....

Someone must have some suggestions please.....I'm begging you, I can't cope.

Thanks in advance

amandaj
01-05-09, 13:29
kalms are good and rescue remedy is even better give them a go till you can see your gp hope they work

amanda

good2beme
01-05-09, 13:32
try ginger teas, they are really good and also camomile teas, stay away from sugars and bad fats, try to head for things that are really fresh, like strawberries and bananas, things that you feel like eating xxx

bottleblond
01-05-09, 13:52
Stacey

I think if you are feeling that bad then you should call and ask for a telephone consultation. A doctor would call you back and asses whether you need to be seen in an emergency appointment.

It really is beyond me why people have to wait such a rediculous amount of time to get an appointment.

Give it a try hun!

Lisa
xxx

stacey2712
01-05-09, 14:07
I don't see why i even need an appointment, I'm not going to make it up. Iv'e had something before in order to curb my anxiety so why can't he just re-perscribe it me.

I just feel like i need it at the minute i can't take any more of this, best thing is i start my placement at a primary school on tuesday and im a wrek. Luckily I haven't had to go into uni and could just stop at home and do my work (hoping it would get better) but it didnt.

Now im dreding something i love - people may say get a grip (my mother included) but it's always there in the back of my mind, i don't want to become stuck in the house all the time watching my career go down the pan.

I'm on kalms but only taking them when i feel especially bad, it comes in waves. Do kalms only work if you take them all the time 1 or 2 tablets 3 times a day?

Thanks everyone don't know what I'd do without this site.

tonb1407
01-05-09, 14:29
Ignore those that say or think you should "get a grip". You need to get an urgent appt with doctor. Tell them you are desperate and have lost weight. Over the counter stuff is hit and miss else we would never need a doctor! Try the Kalms though. Find a relaxation recording. There are some on line. Bless you. You will win.