PDA

View Full Version : I'm ill and I can't explain what's wrong

Ireni
01-05-09, 15:50
I'm worried in case I have swine flu. :blush: This is the best description I can come up with:

I'm boiling. I don't think I've ever felt such a high temperature in my life.
I've lost my appetite and I keep feeling sick.
I feel tired and headachey.
I feel dizzy and weak. Keep thinking I'm about to faint.
I just feel ill. Very, very ill and I can't even explain it.

I don't want to die! This is the third day I've had these symptoms and it's worse today than it was yesterday. It's making me miserable as well as worried.

Trish
01-05-09, 15:59
Hi Ireni

I'm sorry your feeling unwell, but i don't think for one minute you have swine flu.

You may well have a virus of sorts, why don't you make an appt to see your gp for reassurence...in meantime take some painkillers and drink plenty and i'm sure you will pick up soon.

Hugs

Trish xx

mummyto4
01-05-09, 16:04
Hi Ireni,
Have you made an appointment with your GP? maybe you should pop along as you are feeling so unwell, however, because of all going on in the media at the moment regarding swine flu, a lot of people are frightened. Have you recently travelled to mexico or been in close contact with anyone that has? If not then I honestly doubt that this is what it is causing your problems. I really wish the media would stop with all this hype on this flu, its terrifying people and its not fair. You could possibly be just really really anxious about this at the moment as a lot of people are. You could also have a bug or something, a normal one that will pass soon enough. Please try not to worry too much and to put your mind at rest, give nhs direct a ring, I'm sure they will be happy to advise and put your mind at rest. Hope you feel better soon.
xx

amandaj
01-05-09, 16:05
hi ireni
as trish said its prob a cold or virus ,ive had a cold for 3and half weeks now ,please try not to worry for reassurance ring nhs dircect there very good and will put your mind at ease hope you feel better soon
amandax

PUGLETMUM
01-05-09, 16:09
:hugs: hi, do you have a temp above 38c? if not dont worry - like others have said you wont have swine flu - and also if you did have anything to worry about you wouldnt be well enough to sit at your computer - beleive me proper flu means you ache in your eyeballs!!!!! stay calm, take care, emma xxxx

lesleya
01-05-09, 16:13
Hi hun
Sorry your feeling so ill.
Have you been in contact with anyone thats been to mexico that you know of in the last 2 weeks for you to think you might have contracted the swine flu?
It sounds like youve got one of the bugs thats going round just now as theres a lot about with the change of weather etc, and viruses can make you feel really ill.
If your really concerned though it might be an idea to ring NHS DIRECT on 0845 46 47 they have a help line for anyone worried about swine flu.
I hope they can put your mind at ease....try not to worry too much hun and let us know how you go.
Take care
xxx

bobobob
01-05-09, 16:26
Swine flu Boo Hoo. It wouldnt be that. No No No.. Do you suffer from Anxiety, cos that may be causing you to think it's worse than it really is. Get to your gp. I feel for you whatever it is. Nobody wants to feel like that.

Ireni
02-05-09, 05:26
Hi,

Thanks a lot everyone, I still feel bad but I'm just going to wait and hope that it goes away. No, I haven't been to Mexico and I haven't been in contact with anyone that has. In fact, I've only been out once this week, so maybe it isn't swine flu after all...at least I hope it isn't! Whenever I feel ill it's always made worse by anxiety anyway so like you said, it's probably just a normal virus.

Wish I could stop worrying though. I hate health anxiety! It makes me feel like this: :huh: :ohmy: :weep: :scared15: :wacko::doh::blush:

Ireni
02-05-09, 09:51
Ok, sorry about this but HELP! I'm shaking. My mum is out and won't be back for hours - i could be dying now & she wouldn't find me until it's too late!!!

I feelchills, can't stop shaking, legs feel heeavy. and it feels like i can't move them much - like they're stiff. i feel dizzy, is it anxiety or illness?

i don't want to die!

:weep:

angietomjimandcass
02-05-09, 09:58
There is a bad cold bug going around, take some paractimol.

PUGLETMUM
02-05-09, 10:04
:hugs: you wont die - you are panicking!!!!!:hugs: take deep breaths and sit down and relax and remind yourself you are okay:hugs:

MOJO
02-05-09, 10:08
Hi1
I really don't think you have swine flu. Maybe just the start of a normal cold. As the last poster said take some paracetemol and try to calm down. I think all your symptoms are being caused by anxiety as you have got yourself so worked up over it. Take care and I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you get on. x:hugs:

mummyto4
02-05-09, 10:33
Sounds like panic to me too hunny. Take some deep breaths and try and keep busy. You will be ok!
xx

Ireni
02-05-09, 11:51
Thanks again,

taken paracetamol. still scared but trying to stop panicking,

sorry for overreacting!

xxxx

PUGLETMUM
02-05-09, 12:25
:hugs: you dont have to apologise - weve all been there!:hugs:

Ireni
02-05-09, 19:47
Sorry, but more scared again. I DID NOT Google my symptoms but I stumbled upon this - symptoms of swine flu:

Headache
tiredness
chills
aching muscles
limb or joint pain
diarrhoea or stomach upset
sore throat
runny nose
sneezing
loss of appetite

I have every one of those to some extent. I haven't been able to eat properly since Wednesday and right now I have stomach pain and I feel as though I'm actually going to be sick. I go freezing cold and shivery for ten minutes and then really, really hot for the next ten minutes. It feels like even my blood is cold. I'm exhausted. My muscles and joints do ache quite a lot, my stomach has been upset, though the nausea is worse now than when it first started. It can't be a normal stomach bug because it's lasted for three days and I feel more sick now than I did then. I'm emetophobic so obviously that terrifies me. I had a sore throat which has improved somewhat. I was sneezing earlier. Overall, I feel much worse now and I either have swine flu which could kill me, meningitis or another serious illness. And I'll probably be sick which is terrifying seeing as I have this phobia...

I don't know what to do. I don't want to lie down because I'll end up lying awake and worrying even more.

Romo
02-05-09, 20:03
I'm worried in case I have swine flu. :blush: This is the best description I can come up with:

I'm boiling. I don't think I've ever felt such a high temperature in my life.
I've lost my appetite and I keep feeling sick.
I feel tired and headachey.
I feel dizzy and weak. Keep thinking I'm about to faint.
I just feel ill. Very, very ill and I can't even explain it.

I don't want to die! This is the third day I've had these symptoms and it's worse today than it was yesterday. It's making me miserable as well as worried.

boiling but not a flu? I get that a lot!! It's part of stess / anxiety/ along with te other symtoms. I bet is all in your head. I had it for a week, then my friend told me she was feeling hot yesterday then I started to coil and get really burnt up feeling but then I knew it wasn't real and ignored it, and it went away.

Wee-Mee
02-05-09, 20:06
I have everyone of these too!

But I am slwoly learning that I got to calm down.. you may have seen the thread I started.. I was worried to hell about it and I'm still concerned really. I'm just trying to think that we have meds to help if we get it.

It's hard though because it is so similar to "normal" flu and hell,I get all of this anyways when I'm anxious so I could end up NOT doing anything if I had swine flu at some point lol. It's a catch 22.

Hun I think you need to call NHS direct and tell them you are feeling really lowsy and they will ge tya checked out.and it will reassure you or if you are sick all they will do is give you some meds and you will be okay

:hugs:

xxxxxxxxxx

Skyline On Fire
02-05-09, 20:50
listen.

there is ZERO chance you have swine flu.

not just that, but swine flu is a MILD FLU. it will not kill you, you wont get complications, you will be fine.

hell... half the people in the US whove had it havent even had tamiflu, they are a lot more restrictive on who gets free drugs in the USA. its incredibly mild and incredibly fine.

i understand your scared but really its okay :) i dont think theres one of us in this thread who hasnt thought they were dying of something or other at one point!