PDA

View Full Version : Bad Dreams

alba
01-05-09, 16:13
Sometimes i dream alot and i feel that dream it is like so so real, so real , i always can't breathe and awake sweating and really can't breathe or move, it is scary feeling, is it a dream or panic attack.

Mudskipper
01-05-09, 21:01
Hi there
I'm not professionally qualified in this area, but could it be a bit of both? I've noticed that when I'm particularly stressed, my dreams start to get quite bizarre and even a bit physical. Many times I've had a choking sensation, so bad that I've found my way through to the bathroom and I'm coughing and retching, trying to bring something up which isn't really there and I'm not even awake! Usually I come to after a while, or my wife comes and fetches me! I've been checked out by the doctor on this, who assures me there's no physical problem and my wife tells me that it only happens when I'm particularly stressed. I've heard it said that dreaming happens when the mind is processing lots of information. Perhaps if that information is of a continually stressful nature, there comes a time when it kind of 'overloads' and produces these physical effects. As I said, I'm not qualified, but these are my thoughts on what is an admittedly disturbing phenomena. However, I'm further assured by my doctor that no harm can come to us in our dreams. Maybe it's worth seeing yours to see if he can offer you advice or maybe something to help you sleep better or deeper?
Hoping you feel better soon. Take care:flowers:

xfilme
02-05-09, 11:27
I would suggest a technique often used in lucid dreaming. After you have a bad dream, sit up and write it down. Constantly writing down your dreams establishes a routine around it and your brain more easily recognises it is a dream and you will come out of them more easily. It will also help you identify a common theme to your dreams that may prove insightful to recognising the concerns and unresolved issues you have that may be causing them in the first place. I suggest this only because I had nightmares (violent ones) from early childhood through to when I hit about 24. Now I sometimes dream but very rarely have a bad one. x

alba
03-05-09, 14:20
why is it sometimes while sleeping, we just wake up feeling breatheless or heart stop, what is that?