PDA

View Full Version : Hello... new here

perrypool
01-05-09, 17:31
Hello everyone,

I'm 48 years young and have panic disorder and agoraphobia. 7 months ago I weaned myself off my anti-depressant medicine and lately my anxiety has increased but I'm not giving in this time (hopefully). Although I still take Xanax, I'm trying my best to remain off any other meds. Anyway I thought joining this site would give me another tool for eliminating my panic. I have alot of experience with both panic and agoraphobia so I hope I can help as well as receive help from everyone here. I look forward to meeting people here and sharing our thoughts. :D

Sincerely,
Perry

duskess
01-05-09, 21:25
Hello Perry , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , glad you found us , take care:welcome: Dusky x

Southern_Belle
02-05-09, 18:15
Hi Perry,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Glad you found us, you are not alone!

Take care,

Laura

michelledf82
02-05-09, 18:32
hi, i have recently been diagnosed with agoraphobia, social agoraphobia and panic attacks. its all a little overwelming at the moment, not really coping. any words of advice would be great. thanks

perrypool
02-05-09, 19:26
Hi Michelle,

I'm going thru kind of a rough time myself right now... but the thing to remember is... it will pass and we will get better. Breathing and muscle relaxation exercises can be very helpful too. I'm new here but I'm sure there's info on them somewhere in this forum. The more you read and learn about your condition you will see that you are not alone and your condition can be treated. I wish I could give you some more advice but like I said ... right now I'm kinda going thru a rough patch myself. Hang in there... your gunna be ok.

Perry