PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like anxiety

Jules31
31-12-03, 12:17
Over the last two weeks I have been suffering from nausea, diarrhoea, hot sweats and a general feeling of weakness (together with all my usual dizzy feelings). My dr thinks it may be my anxiety causing it because I had exactly the same symptoms for two hour months in May and June. They appeared out of the blue and then went away. I have also been having quite a lot of panic attacks and the other feelings are with me constantly. I feel dreadful

I was just wondering if any of you have any similar experiences for this length of time, my dr thinks it is too long to be a bug. In the summer I had lots of blood tests done and they all came back ok but of course I'm still worrying

I thought at first it might be the because of the odd tranquillizer I was taking because I was also taking them in the summer, but when I stopped them for 12 days the symptoms still continued

I keep feeling like I'm passing out too

Just looking for some reassurance

Jules

edward
31-12-03, 12:42
Hi jules,

Your symptons are very common on here,esp the passing out feeling.

I am ok for about 10 mins,in the morning,then the light headed fellings kick in.........it is esp bad for me,as i have to get my 3 year old son off to school,and then go to pick him up, always thinking i am going to pass out.......but i never have.

The awful thing about anxiety is,the more you try not to think about it,the more you do!!!!!!

The best advice you will get on here,is diet change,plenty of exercise,and loads of positive thinking.........i know that must feel impossibe at the moment,but as long as you are healthy in other ways,things will start to get better.

Good luck.
Edward.

Jules31
31-12-03, 12:52
Thanks Edward, I had been trying to eat healthily, relax and exercise prior to Christmas, though since then I have felt so bad that I haven't bothered. I will try and get back on track though

Jules

Lottie32
06-01-04, 14:30
Hi Jules

I very often feel nauseous and over tired and suffer with my tummy for weeks on end. It is purely "anxiety" coming out in my case (although when I am really bad with it like I was over Xmas, it is very easy to believe that you have something seriously wrong with you) This year, I was convinced I had fibromyalgia and gastric flu and diabeties!!!!

I felt very much like you for the whole of the Xmas holidays. Luckily for me, they disappear THE DAY BEFORE WE WENT BACK TO BLOODY WORK. This alone suggests that the stress and anxiety of Xmas exacerbated my physical symptoms!

Nothing really helps apart from trying to control the anxiety in the first place. Charcoal tablets, motilium 10, ginger and peppermint tea are all very good once it has started, but keep working on diet, exercise and relaxation. Prevention IS better than cure!

Charlie

vernon
06-01-04, 17:34
Hi Jules, yes sounds like it to me, I have suffered anxiety, Panic and Phobias for over 30 years (on and off). I was feeling sort of normal for 8 years thought I got rid of It, but a few weeks before Christmas it returned but this time I am also off my food, feel sick thinking of food eat cos I have to but then feel sick after eating, this is on top of the nervous and panic feelings constant. But like you in the past the anxiety didn’t affect my appetite I could eat well, so I guess each time it returns we get different symptoms. Hope this helps Cov49 (Vernon)