PDA

View Full Version : Different feelings for different situations...

Jazz
01-05-09, 23:41
Helllo,

I am new to this site, but like most people not new to feeling like im loosing it..... i get panic attacks for many different reasons, sometimes its my OCD about contamination from drugs in my food....!! (it gets worse) sometimes its because of the normal "my throat is closing up" thing, sometimes its cause i think i am going crazy, sometimes its because im out & i NEED to go home, sometimes its because i feel like i am not real anymore...... i could go on & on but i wanted to ask everyone...

Does anyone else get different symptoms for different fears/triggers?

i get some physical symptoms for one attack and not the others? does this makes sense?? for example: if i eat something risky, i will panic about it being contaminated with drugs then i begin to feal like ive taken drugs... but if its because im too far away from home then i panic in a more breathless spaced out way?? etc etc..

I hope someone says yes! -

J x

Dreamer029
02-05-09, 16:16
You are not alone!! I get panic attacks for a whole bunch of different reasons. Right now my panic seems centered on the fear that I am losing my mind/going crazy. Other times I will feel a physical symptom that scares me and I will feel like I'm going to die and then have a panic attack. I get the same thing sometimes when I'm out and I get real anxious and want to get home right away. Panic is very tricky. Once you get rid of one fear or get tired of it, it creates another focus.

Feel Better, and know you aren't alone! :)
Lauren

Panickypants
02-05-09, 19:01
Yes, me too.. I panic cos of the symptoms i get thinking there is something wrong with me and i'm going to get ill and die, with this i tend to make my symptoms worse..I also get the anxiety sometimes when i'm out and go light headed as if i'm going to faint...It's strange how different situations make us feel different...