PDA

View Full Version : how long will it take?

frankie58
01-05-09, 23:55
I'm on my third day of taking citalopram (20mg), the side effects have been relentless but today I've managed several conversations or people's company for a few hours, but now I've reached an even bigger low. And I realised today what true self-loathing really is. How long before this goes away? The last couple of days I've been hopeful and now I'm just sinking deeper into this horrible feeling and I can't see how its going to get better. I don't think I can handle this anymore.

suzy-sue
02-05-09, 01:07
Hi Frankie, sounds like your side effects have started, mine were bad for 3 weeks and gradually ,i started to feel better as the day went on.If you find 20mg is too much for you,lower your dose to 10mg until you start to feel a bit better.Everyones experience is slightly different but you should start to feel the benefits once they have kicked in your system, on average this is 4-6 weeks but can be earlier. Have you read psycho poets CITALOPRAM GUIDE? I do hope you feel better soon , the side effects do go but it will feel like you have got worse for a while ,this is quite normal.Take care Sue:hugs: