PDA

View Full Version : Help me please

Lily
22-08-05, 00:43
I came to this sight because...nothing intrests me anymore. Writing used to come to me so easily, now I can't even keep up in school. I feel like everyone is just staring at me. People tease me and I tend not to take notice. I can't do anything but space out and wish I was someone else. My friends don't understand, my family isn't one to talk to and I've been crying at the drop of a hat. I don't cry. It's not natural, I never cry. All of a sudden there's this huge gouge inside of me and nothing can fill it. I'm seeing a shrink tomorrow, but I'm afraid he'll talk to my family...I can't bear to have my sister in pity...Guess that was more of a vent than a question, wasn't it?[|)] Thanks, though.

Karen
22-08-05, 05:43
Hi Lily

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are having a tough time at present. The feelings you describe are common with depression but even though things might seem very bad at present, with some help and support you can come through it.

It is good you are getting some help and seeing the psychiatrist tomorrow is a good step forward. Do your family know about this appointment?

Have you tried talking to your family? It can be difficult for people who have never experienced this to understand what it is like. Perhaps there is another adult you feel able to trust - a teacher at school perhaps, or someone in the family other than your parents.

You can talk to us here and know that we understand and will do what we can to support you and help you through this.

Try to go to this appointment today with an open mind and wait to see what help and support you are offered.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Sax
22-08-05, 07:52
Hi Lily,

Welcome to NMP, I hope you find the support here you need. Feel free to talk openly with us, its so hard when family do not understand, how alone you feel and when you feel different it makes you feel detached.

All the best with your appointment and let us know how it goes and how you feel about the outcome of it.

I know what you mean about crying. I am the same - just not me to cry - but i've had a couple of days recently when i've started from something small as a trigger and then cried all day, all those pent up emotions released (can only be a good release) but I felt exhausted and worse at the time!!

Take care and feel free to keep posting your thoughts becasue we truely do understand how you feel.

Sax xxxx

Peru83
22-08-05, 10:03
WELCOME

Hi lilly,

Sorry to hear that your having a tough time right now, hope we can help.
I wouldn't worry about your doctor telling your parents they can't due to pateint confidentiality.

Look forward to maybe speaking to you in the chat room, usually get busy around about 7pm, it's a good way to have a laugh and forget your problems:D

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

seh1980
22-08-05, 10:04
Welcome aboard Lily!! The way you feel is very normal amongst people that suffer from depression. Good luck with the shrink - I really hope it works out for you.

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Piglet
22-08-05, 13:24
Welcome Lily

Love Piglet:)

sueiamnew
22-08-05, 18:56
Welcome to the site Lily.

pinkscrumpy
22-08-05, 19:01
A big warm welcome Lily

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

kairen
22-08-05, 21:00
welcome to the site Lily,

hope it goes ok tomorrow, just remember to be as honest as you can with him/her, no matter how daft it may seem to you get it all out it will help you in the long run,

let us know how you get on

take care

kairen x

Sax
23-08-05, 08:18
Lily,

Sending you all the best for your appointment today - let us know how it goes.

Take care

Sax xx[8D]

nomorepanic
23-08-05, 08:36
Lily

Welcome aboard and let us know how it went today ok?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Piglet
23-08-05, 14:28
Good luck today Lily[8D]

Love Piglet

Lily
26-08-05, 04:42
God! My therpist hasn't even talked to me! Or e-mailed me back or anything! What kind of therapist is this? I mean, should they really be ignoring people when I clearly need to talk?

P.S.-I love you guys, it's really uplifting to read all of your comments. I've got a Livejournal if anybody uses that...

www.livejournal/users/purplecracker42

Lily
26-08-05, 04:45
I'm an idiot.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/purplecracker42/