PDA

View Full Version : am i ever going to get better

soscared
02-05-09, 12:02
Hi everyone im new. Been on escitalopram 10mg for 8 weeks on sunday, felt guite good from week 6 to week 7 but this week feel absolutely terrible again. Have been to doctors and have upped my dose to 15mg, he said this is quite normal but im terrified im never going to get better, feel so anxious and everything is such a struggle, please someone give me so assurance, if you have any xx soscared

starlight78
02-05-09, 13:34
HI There,

Welcome to NMP. You'll find lots of help and advice here. You will get better it just takes time and rest.. It took me about 3 months on my anti depressants to feel significantly better.. sounds like you are already making good progress but that you've had your confidence knocked by a bad week. Hang on in there. Once your on the road to recovery then recovery is inevitable, it just takes time. xx

reallyfedup
02-05-09, 16:54
I have been on anti d tabs for ages but kept crashing low again . My anx and panic with depression is awful again but I started on escit today so I hope it works for both of us. I think its normal to have set backs in the first few months. X

duskess
02-05-09, 17:25
Hello and welcome to NMP , hope you feel abit better soon , take care , :welcome: Dusky x

shrimp
02-05-09, 17:40
thank you, youre all very kind, its a very lonely illness isnt it, such a strain trying to be normal in front of my two kids who are now at a knowing age, i just cant wait for it to be bed time in the hope i can feel a bit better in the morning, even that's a nightmare at the moment, still wake at 4.30am and start winding myself up into a big panic, im in pieces by the time i get up a 6.30 - what hell xx

Southern_Belle
02-05-09, 18:22
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Glad you found us, you are not alone!

Take care,

Laura