PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus?

cycloneuk
22-08-05, 03:22
Anyone else on here suffer from Tinnitus?

mirry
22-08-05, 07:45
HI PAULB,

I GET A BUZZING IN MY LEFT EAR AT NIGHT TIMES SOMETIMES.
IT STARTED AT THE SAME TIME MY PANIC ATTACKS CAME 3 YEARS AGO, I REMEMBER SAYING I HAD EAR PRESSURE ALOT. LATELY IT SEEMS TO BE IMPROVING.
I ALSO SEEM TO HAVE A LITTLE MORNING COLD THATS GONE ON FOR 4 MONTHS NOW, THIS ALSO IS EFFECTING MY EARS.
MY GP SAYS MY EARS ARE OK (DONT FEEL IT).
I STILL GET TERRIBLE DIZZYNESS AND WONDER IF THIS IS A BIG CAUSE BUT NOW IM PHOBIC ABOUT THE DIZZYNESS.

mirryx

seh1980
22-08-05, 10:24
I have a buzzing in my ears sometimes but don't know if it's related to panic/anxiety..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

trac67
22-08-05, 11:57
Hi,
I get the ringing in my ears too, it just comes all of a sudden. I ignore it now and it seems to go away as quick as it comes.
Take care
Trac :D

its "just a thought"

cycloneuk
22-08-05, 13:51
Well my panick attacks came after i got Tinnitus about 4 months ago nearly, must be due to the increased anxiety from the Tinnitus, i'm learning to deal with the Tinnitus, my doctor was pretty much useless, i asked for a referal to the ENT and he told me its to much effort.

Labordette your friend can still go to pubs and do things he/she likes, tell your friend to get some decent ear plugs, ones with filters are the best and he/she should be safe, i personally don't go to them places at the moment due to agrophobia and panick attacks.

Meg
22-08-05, 14:04
Paul - You can go for a second opinion at your practice.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tattybear
22-08-05, 14:47
I have had this as well as dizzyness for about 3 years now!

Tatty B xx

Peru83
22-08-05, 15:52
I have a full feeling in my right ear, I have put ear drops and things in my ear and even had my gp look and they said it was fine. They said it looked a little shadowed but nothing seriouse, didn't think it could be linked with my anxiety. Might set my mind at ease now, I was begining to think it was something really bad, as you do,lol

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

amishi_ash
22-08-05, 16:20
Hello Paulb,
I have been suffering from Tinnitus, from about 6 months, It all started after I started having panic attacks. First I was terrified, I was reading all the information regarding the Tinnitus on internet, and they tell, it could be due to some injury, high blood presure. This made me freak out like any thing. But, after going through many articles, I talked to my G.P. She told me that it is due to your panic attacks. Now, I don't even think about it. Bcos, I don't even notice that I have ringing/buzzing effects in my ear.
I would suggest that you go to an ENT , and get it checked. I think, all the result will come out fine for you.
You have to relax and don't think about it all the time. According to research stress make the tinnitus more louder.
So, next time, you feel like you are hearing ringing just ignore it.

Thanks,
Amit.

"Tomorrow is Mystery, Yesterday was History, Today is a Gift called as Present"

Sue K with 5
22-08-05, 18:35
Apparently it is an anxiety related condition which a lot of people with panic and anxiety suffer from

its ****** annoying but I think we get used to it, I have had it on and off your years

Sue with 5

Try not to worry too much

scknight

Sephiroth
20-07-06, 23:14
Hi,

Change your doctor if he doesn't refer you to ENT, it is worth it as they check your ears and give you a hearing test, then look at how to allieviate it.

Also clean ears regularly with drop of olive oil, say every couple of weeks, this will stop the wax building up and make you hear better externally (and so reduce the tinnitus in essence).

Regards,

Seph