PDA

View Full Version : Digestive problems

kazo
22-08-05, 09:01
Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone suffers digestive problems due to anxiety?

I went to my GP the other day as I am getting bad heartburn, bloating and chest pain. He said I have acid reflux and gave me meds to treat it. He then said it is due to your anxiety!

How are the two connected? can anyone tell me? I have tried looking it up but without success.

Thanks Kazo

henri
22-08-05, 10:10
Hi Kazo,
I think the two are definitely connected. Have no idea what the medical reason is - you'll have to ask Meg!
I take a natural, herbal supplement called Milk Thistle (you can get it in Holland and Barrett), which really helps with bloating, constipation, tummy ache etc.
Henri

helen__w
22-08-05, 10:20
Hi Kazo

I too suffer from acid reflux - and someone on here recommended Aloe Vera Juice and it cleared it up really quickly!

Helen x

lin
22-08-05, 10:48
hi Kazo

It can be due to anxiety i had the bloating feeling and acid reflux i tried meds to get rid of it but it kept coming back. When my anxiety got better it went away.

It's amazing all these problems can be down to anxiety.

take care
linda xx

jill
22-08-05, 19:29
Hi Kazo,

My daughter suffered anxiaty from the age of 3, she is now 12 and doing very very well [^]
One of her main symptoms apart from being sick was acid refux.
When she was anxious her body produced alot of wind which caused bloating, also the body produced more acid. The acid would then reflux
( come up into the food pipe ) which would cause a pain or a burning feeling in her chest. Our GP gave her meds which helped.
Over time this symptom went.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

eeyorelover
22-08-05, 19:40
I have had the same problem and all I can say is thank you to whoever invented Tums :)