PDA

View Full Version : I Am Really Scared!!

nancy81
03-05-09, 09:35
iam really scared and really frightend,:emot-crying: because My GP has told me he wants me to have a colonoscopy but he wont tell me why. and Iam so scared because I don't know what a colonoscopy is and I don't know what it does.
Can anyone please help me?

Thanks
nancy81

bobobob
03-05-09, 13:33
Nancy. Yes, the doctor could have been more reassuring. You must get back to him and ask what you don't understand. You have the right to know it's part of his job. I'm sure when you explain he will be much more understanding. Then you will be able to be calm about the procedure.
Don't beat yoursdelf up for being scared, not all of us know what these medical terms are, I' sure I don't. Hug.

everest
04-05-09, 01:10
Don't be scared, if you had any IBS type of problem or have changes in your bowel movement, colonoscopy is used to check your colon for any problems like polyps etc and rule out any serios issues. Believe me it's much better to check things out so that it can be treated then to leave it to stress you out. I have ha a colonoscopy this afternoon and I was scared, but really glad I had it done and it has put my mind at rest. It's very simple and you are sedated while a camera is put in check out. The fear and prep is worse then the actual thing!

london
04-05-09, 03:44
tell him you need to know if not why not right nhs ask them about it dont worry so much wish you better