PDA

View Full Version : ectopics with no anxiety

lin
22-08-05, 11:43
Hi All

Sorry to keep posting about this problem. My anxiety has kept away since march but these ectopic heartbeats are still there not as bad as they used to be. Should they be present without anxiety? or could there be some problem? i hope it is due to anxiety i'm frightened to go to the doctors incase they say its something else. I've only had this problem since i got panic attacks/anxiety 4yrs ago before that i was ok.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Linda xx

michelleann
22-08-05, 13:44
hi lin
i started getiing missed heartbeats before i had anxiety and also get them when im not even stressed, ive been told you can still get them when your tired, hungover, too much caffiene, smoking and that time of the month! i had a few last night although i felt fine but it was quite late and i think it was tiredness. i try not to worry about them anymore as they took over my life a few years back, and i know they car'nt harm you. put me in a supermarket queue and thats a different story!! lol
hope this helps hun
take care
michelle xxx

Piglet
22-08-05, 13:51
I had ectopics way before I had acknowledged anxiety, so it could be a subconcious thing.

Even though your anxiety levels are low it obviously still concerns you - so there we go back to the subconcious thing again.

Try not to worry hun - oh so hard I do know.

Love Piglet:)

pinkscrumpy
22-08-05, 19:07
Hi Lin

I have them when not anxious to. I think its that we are just more sensitive to them so when our heart has the eptopics we feel them where other people don't

But as Michelle says, put me in a queue and its a whole different story also LOL.

take care

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

seh1980
22-08-05, 22:39
I often have them even when not feeling anxious. They do tend to hang around longer than most symptoms..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

linjane
23-08-05, 07:44
Hi Linda,
Sorry to hear you're still suffering with these. You know I have had them for three years now and I'm still letting them get to me....even after all the good advice everyone gives us.LOL I get them when I think I haven't been anxious and even when things are going well. I just don't understand them very well. Maybe it is true that we are just much more aware of this symptom than anyone else???

You take care and e-mail me or pm me if you need to talk.
Love, Linda.x

Cookie
23-08-05, 22:29
Hello all. Linjane, are you using the member name lin too?!!!!!
LOL, must be your clone, both called Linda with the same problems! Spooky!!!

Lin, (if thats your real name!!!;)) I have suffered a while now with these missed/extra/double/all over the place/am I dead? heart beats. Even now as my panic attacks are less and less, I still get them. I think the difference now is that I'm learning to accept that they can't hurt me. Yes, my hearts doing crazy things, but I'll be ok.

Try not to let it worry you, easier said than done, I know.
If it starts to worry you that much, go and see your doctor for some reassurance. My doctors been brill. You'll be fine Linda, take care luv.

Shell.x:)

sadie
24-08-05, 19:22
Lin,

I too get etopic beats when I am not feeling particularly anxious.... I sometimes wonder if it is due to some subconscious thing still going on in my brain or whether there is actually soemthing wrong with my heart... My Gp says its just anxiety and not to worry about them but they make you stop in complete fear dont they?

I guess the only way to stop them is too stop worrying about them......

sadie

linjane
25-08-05, 07:29
Hi,

Just to clear this up...there are two Linda's on here and we both have missed beats, but are both different people and come from different parts of the country!!!! We even PM/e-mail each other. Maybe we are really mad and are talking to ourselves LOL!!!!! Hi Cookie, what you like!!!! How are you, you haven't been around for ages.

Linda, hope you're feeling bit better, and your hol will do you good.

Take care, Love,........Linda!!