PDA

View Full Version : Will this ever go?

anx mum
03-05-09, 14:25
Soon as i wake up in morning feel anxious. Went 2 supermarket and felt dizzy and it was like i couldnt breath. Forgot half my shopping. Feel like im excisting its horrible:weep:

bonnie1980
03-05-09, 14:35
hello i know just how you feel on that one hun the only thing i can say is write your shopping list out in the way the shop is pland out then just go for it did hellp me for a little bit but i have got scared of going out i do my shopping on line

you will get better if you ever wnt to talk my email is bonnie.69@hotmail.co.uk
i would more then happy to chat to you x

BasilCat
03-05-09, 17:25
Hi anx mum, You WILL get better. How about making your shopping list shorter and just picking a couple of things up for starters and see how you go with that. Then when you are "ok" with that, make your list a bit bigger. Have you any relatives near by who can get the rest of your shopping for you if you just start with getting a couple of bits? Things will come right anx mum. But I know just how you feel and how awful it all is too. I have had to re-train myself to go out into the outside world again. I started off the way I have suggested to you, even with my driving that I lost completely. I started short trips and gradually extended them till I could finally get to my parents 60 miles away on my own and back again. God only knows, I had to start from the beginning on everything. You WILL get there anx mum. PM me too if you like.

Shirley

summer09
03-05-09, 19:04
hi anx mum,i have the same as soon as i wake up is there ,the floor feels like is moving my head is spining and my hearts going fast,and it gose on all day,but how i try 2 get on is keep thinking that nothing happen yesderday or the day b4 so all these feelings aint done me harm yet so why would they 2day ? its not easy but it might help , take care from donna, ps hope 2 hear from u soon on how u r doing xxxx

Panickypants
03-05-09, 19:28
I have been the same today as soon as i woke up my shoulders were tense, went out to the shops with the kids and my hubby and my head felt like it was spinning and i felt sick but i did the same as summer i kept telling myself it was only anxiety and it hasn't hurt me before so why would it now, it's really hard but i have managed to get through today so i know i can again..I said to my hubby i was having a bad day and he said well you have hidden it well u seemed fine, which made me feel better cos thats what i was trying to do pretend it wasn't there and i was feeling fine.. x x

starlady
03-05-09, 19:52
Hi anx mum....Your not alone....Iv had the panicky feeling whilst in supermarket although the worst for me is the panic attacks in the school playground. Its taken me a while but iv tried to slow down when in situations. I braved it to town on fri and succeeded...just went slower. Good luck....and your not alone. x

chocolatesundae
05-05-09, 14:16
Yes, I have had days like this too. You go into a loud, busy area like (as you say) a supermarket and suddenly everyones shouting and everything looks brighter and you go fuzzy headed etc. It really will get better, even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment. You may find it is worse during a certain one or two weeks during the month too...I feel like a shadow of what I know is my normal self when I have PMS. Deep breaths and try and do it anyway, not forgetting to buy something like chocolate for when you get back home for your reward ;)

kenboon
05-05-09, 22:53
Sorry to hear your still suffering badly Anx_Mum. I think your doing well even going to a supermarket to be honest, so you should really give yourself some real credit for that. The dizzyness whilst walking around the supermarket will get better as your confidence grows.

I'm now 99% there with my anxiety and I am having many more good days than bad. I used to feel exactly the same, where it felt like i was just existing not living and like I was never going to get better. But too answer your question "Will this ever go?" Yes it will in time get better, but it will take time. And you really do need to push yourself to get to the other side.

You will get there & be so much stronger for it.

I really hope your feeling better soon.

All the best

Ken

Romo
06-05-09, 08:17
yes I felt like this so bad at one point until I realized its all in my head and it went away. force yourself up and try and focus and not let your brain take over and let you be dizzy. It takes practice like getting rid of the other symptoms, but it will happen. Work on it everyday until it goes away.

BasilCat
06-05-09, 09:35
Yes it will definitely go Anx mum. Like Ken with his 99% recovery, I would say I am 90% better. I was just existing too. But it will improve for you. Though as Ken says, you will have to push your self to get to the other side. I spent all last year pushing myself. I made up my mind that it (GAD) wasnt going to beat me. So I made myself go out and do something every day. I know I went to a meeting for new volunteers at Martin Mere (January last year) and I felt horrible. The meeting lasted for about 4 hours with a break in the middle for lunch. How I did that I dont know because I felt really bad but I made myself stick it out. Then I went to Volunteer there once a week!! Then I made myself go into town and walk round the shops. I started off staying really near to the car, then I got further and further away. I would be in the shops feeling really ill and hiding my tears but also knowing that if I ran away, I would never get better. So I faced this bully continuosly for ages. I was so so tired with it all and also trying to hide how I felt from my hubby and kids. Very difficult. But the more we can do Anx mum, the better we will feel. I was finally able to get onto a bus into town just before Xmas. Before then I would never have dared to go without my car as I would have had no-where to hide!
And sitting here, when I look back at it, in all this time, despite feeling really bad and all the tears and pain etc, I never once ran off to hide anywhere!!
You can do this Anx mum.
Just take it a day at a time. If you stick with it the anxiety will get less till you can focus more on what you are doing rather than on yourself.

Then you will be onto a winner.

Take care
Shirley
Oh and I agree with chocolatesundae too. Get your self a treat when you go out, for when you get back home.

steveo5
06-05-09, 10:21
Hi anx mum sorry to hear of your anxiety symptoms, i have exactly the same feelings and frightened me a lot until i realise now others suffer the same, i thought i had brain tumor or something, its so frightening, i wake with anxiety every day and fear aswell its as if i going before a firing squad, experience in supermarket not gone but some improvement, happens in shopping complexes aswell its not nice feeling but i dont put it off just carry on(have to tho or else we starve) does take time and practice and im not over it yet and still looking for help and answers or ideas as it is so frustrating and i can totaly understand your feelings and worries,
I just read other messages and some good advice from all and great news to hear Ken is beating it which shows it can be done.

take care anx mum

steve