PDA

View Full Version : HAD TO DO IT

mirry
22-08-05, 11:44
HI EVERYONE,

HAD TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT I DONE TODAY.

WOKE THIS MORNING AND MY DAUGHTER WHO IS 7 YEARS OLD WAS IN AGONY WITH HER TOOTH SO I GAVE HER SOME PAIN KILLERS.DESPITE GIVING HER THEM SHE WAS IN TEARS SCREAMING WITH PAIN.I REALISED DESPITE MY HUSBAND BEING AT WORK I HAD TO GET HER TO A DENTIST FAST, I PHONED THEM UP AND THEY SAID BRING HER DOWN NOW. I LIVE MILES AWAY FROM OUR PRACTISE IN ANOTHER TOWN INFACT SO I HAD TO PHONE A TAXI, I GOT BOTH MY KIDS READY IN A RUSH AND MY HEART WAS GOING FAST WITH ANXIETY,FOR THE FIRST TIME I POPPED HALF A DIAZEPAM PILL........I AM AGROPHOBIC AND ONLY GO OUT WITH MY HUBBY USUALLY.
ANYWAY TAXI TURNED UP AND HE WAS A REALLY NICE MAN WHO THANK GOD TALKED ALL THE WAY THERE (TAKING MY MIND OFF THINGS A BIT). WHEN WE ARRIVED WE HAD TO WAIT IN ROOM FOR 10 MINS , THEN WE WENT INTO THE DR WHO TOLD ME MY DAUGHTER HAS A ABSESE ON HER GUM.HE STARTED GOING INTO GREAT DETAIL HOW IT FORMED AND I KEPT THINKING "OH MY GOD HURRY UP" I WAS FIDGETING A BIT AND THOUGHT HE COULD SEE THIS. I RUSHED MY DAUGHTER OUT OF THE ROOM WITH PRESCRIPTION IN HAND, WE MADE OUR WAY TO THE CHEMIST AND AT THIS POINT MY SON WHO HAS LEARNING DIFFICULTIES DECIDED HE WAS GOING TO WIND UP HIS SISTER NON STOP.......MY HEART WAS GOING VERY FAST AND INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR THE PRESCRIPTION I SAID LETS POP IN TO THE SHOP NEXT DOOR FOR A LOAF OF BREAD (THE SHOP WAS EMPTY).
I THEN COLLECTED THE PRESCRIPTION AND WE WALKED 10 MINS TO MY MOTHERS HOUSE (SHE LIVES NEAR OUR DENTIST) .
WELL HERE I AM NOW ON MY MOTHERS COMPUTOR, I STILL FEEL VERY ANXIOUS (SLIGHTLY PANICKY) BUT I SUPPOSE I ACHIEVED ALOT.
I ALSO AM FEELING A LITTLE SICK AND HAVE SLIGHT HEADACHE, DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE PILL OR THE ANXIETY ?

mirryx

trac67
22-08-05, 11:47
Wow Mirry,
you did really well, be proud of yourself ok honey.
Take Care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Piglet
22-08-05, 12:44
Hi Mirry

Been through similiar scenarios so can really relate.

You've done what you set out to do this morning so you can now let your shoulders drop and do a body slump. No need for anymore rushing around today.

You did really well (I know the fidgety feeling well) if you feel still abit charged up you could try working off the adrenaline by going up the stairs a few times.

This time last week was a bit frenetic for me too and after the advice of a friend I went on my stepper for 10 mins to work off all that adrenaline (I didnt feel like doing it, as felt so rough and horrible) but it really helped. Its what she does all the time she says and I have to say it really helped me.

Oh and I too had a cracking headache, all part of the tension!!

Love Piglet:)

removed
22-08-05, 12:46
hi Mirry
Well done!
I used to have agoraphobia, so i know what that must have taken out of you.
The thing is that motherhood is such a powerful thing that it can override all other considerations.
I found that putting my children first and always making sure that I did the right thing for them(which comes naturally to all mothers) helped me tremendously.
Have you read any of the books by Claire Weekes?
She was my saving grace for many years.
Be really proud of yourself!
Janet c

michelleann
22-08-05, 13:13
hi mirry
well done sweetheart, if you can try and make this a positive step mayby walk round the block with your little ones and see how you get on:)
take care hun
michelle xx

Meg
22-08-05, 14:08
Mirry

What a fabulous break through.. You may have had to do it - but the reality is that you did !!!!!!!

Take it as a huge step forward . You may be very wound up but you accomplished it with no mishaps

When her antibiotocs are over you'll be going back there to see them again

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tammyg
22-08-05, 16:23
What an achievement!! Well done, that was a massive thing for you to do by yourself.

Tam x

Peru83
22-08-05, 17:24
For someone who suffers Agraphobia you did brilliant! You really should be proud of your self and maybe this will now show that you can do it. This was maybe the push you needed to make that first step.:D

I would say that the feeling of being sick and the headache would just be your anxiety and the stress of having to do it. But the fact that you didn't go into total panic is also a big congratulations.[^]

Maybe you should have a nice relaxing bath tonight to try and unwind.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

seh1980
22-08-05, 17:29
Well done Mirry - you did brilliantly!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pinkscrumpy
22-08-05, 19:12
Well done plum - you did fantastic. Isn't it amazing what we can achieve when it comes to our children.

It was alo a very similar thing for me that made me get out of the house for the first time too.

WELL DONE you should be proud

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

sueiamnew
22-08-05, 19:19
Well done Mirry!

eeyorelover
22-08-05, 19:45
way to go Mirry !!!
I know that you were panicky but you got through it and I know through experience that it gets easier every time you face your fears.

jill
22-08-05, 20:14
:D WELL DONE MIRRY [^]

LOVE JILLXXXX

kairen
22-08-05, 21:16
well done mirry

you should be so proud of yourself, you did really well,

so you know now that even in the worst situation you can keep your self calm, good for you

take care

kairen x

mirry
23-08-05, 09:00
Thank you every one for your kind support.I found what i did very stressfull and cant believe i did it. So its true that old saying
"NO SUCH THING AS CANT"
I found even before we left the house i was panicky, i seem to be rushing the kids along like a mad woman , shouting "get your shoes on" and "hurry up" lol.
I dont think its helped me along the years my 11 year old son has Aspergers syndrome and can be very difficult (especially out shopping) he will constantly make silly repetitive noises that make me feel very on edge.......I dont usually discuss this much with people but i cant imagine this helps my problems. (feel bad complaining about it cos i think the world of my son) kids ehh!
Some one on this sites told me to breath in saying "I AM"
then breath out saying "CALM"
On my next big day out i am going to try this and may take a full diazepam pill instead of a half , didnt notise any relief with half.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERY SUFFERER OUT THERE!

mirryx

nomorepanic
23-08-05, 09:11
Mirry

It is amazing what we can do when we have to isn't it?

Well done on coping !

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"