PDA

View Full Version : Am I useless?????

kazzie
03-05-09, 15:21
Hi:D

I have been very ill:weep:

Ages in hospital, 7 weeks in bed unable to walk then over 2 weeks in rehab learning to walk again:wacko:

Been out 2 days and had a dreadful night last night......couldent sleep:mad:

Anyhow Im sitting trying to get some kip when hubby pipes up "what veg do you want for dinner" to which I shrug my shoulders

He is normally very understanding but then he said "you are not yourself are you??"

At this I burst into tears.....i have cellulitis in my legs and Im on all sorts of pills....we go on holiday tomm and Im supposed to be enthusiastic!!!

Could anyone tell me if Im totally useless or would anyone feel down and tired after what Ive been thru

I can only walk on a zimmer frame and Im worried that I will be able to get around on the holiday park, also the pills are killing my appetite, plus Im halfway thru a load of dental work which means that I can hardly chew food:wacko:

Oh and Im on water pills for the fluid in my legs so am weeing every 5 mins and have a 170 mile journey tomm!!!!

Do you think its normal to not be feeling wonderful.....Im still crying cos I feel a failure:weep:

Any thoughts?????

Kaz x x x:hugs:

bobobob
03-05-09, 15:34
You and not usless you are wonderful. To come through all you have been put through, everything, you are a very strong person. You are an athlete in medical terms. Ok hubby is trying his best but I bet is really glad to have you home, he may be tired from work and looking after you. You must tell him you concerns, should we go on the holiday, it could be too much too soon with all that medication. I expect its all booked up. I feel for you on that journey, just get him to park outside, where the loo's are. Nobody will mind. All in all, I hope you have a wonderfull time. I know you really need rest .

eeyorelover
03-05-09, 16:43
Kaz -
It's perfectly normal to feel like this right now!
All I can say is that you have been thru an ordeal and you need to give yourself plenty of time to heal and I'm not just talking about your body! Your mind and spirit needs to heal too!
And IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

Don't pile too much on yourself Kaz!
You need to allow yourself the time you need without feeling guilty because it is taking time!
Does that make sense?

Luv and positive thoughts to you Kaz and I've been praying for ya!
xxx
Sandy

bottleblond
03-05-09, 17:28
Kazz

Hun anyone would feel down if they had gone through what you have.
You are not useless at all, you need to take time to build your strength and health back up.

Take it easy on holiday and just enjoy the relaxation.
Big hugs mate
Lisa
xxx

:bighug1:

shoegal
03-05-09, 17:52
Kazzie, you are not useless at all! I can't believe you can even think such a thing! You've been through so much and it's perfectly normal to feel the way you do.

I'm sending you big hugs. :bighug1:

Thinking of you. :flowers:

Love from shoegal xxx

Anna C
03-05-09, 17:57
Hi Kazzie,

No you're not useless, you've been through so much recently no wonder you don't feel your self. Sending you hugs.:hugs:

I hope you have a lovely relaxing holiday. Take care.

Anna x

nomorepanic
03-05-09, 18:08
Kazz

You have been through a lot and it can be very draining.

As you know I have been poorly for over 7 months now and on one trip to see the doctor she did say that she can get me some counselling if I wanted it to try and get me back on track as I have been feeling very down at times as well. I was wondering if this was something you could maybe look into.

You have to let the body heal and the mind too. Please try and enjoy the holiday.

Have a hug from me
xxx

jodie
03-05-09, 18:43
hiya kazz:hugs:

not much i can say that others have not said ,it will take time for you to get over what has happend to you and to get back to normal.
you try have a nice holiday and relax just do what u feel u can do Hun.

jodie xxx

kazzie
03-05-09, 19:16
Thanks everyone:flowers:

Im feeling a bit more positive tonight:yesyes:

Im taking my laptop on holiday so I dont feel too stranded:wacko:

Ive managed to eat some dinner so I hope that will help......feeling wonky on the zimmer frame today but hope that was just lack of food:shrug:

I guess I dont do "ill" very well although Im ok in myself I feel so weak and washed out, never looked forward to bedtime so much:blush:

Thanks again for all the support:flowers:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

honeybee3939
03-05-09, 20:14
Aww Kazz

I hope you have a lovely holiday hun, it may do you good. You have been through so much latley havent you. A holiday may be just the ticket to take your mind off things.:hugs:

Hope it goes well hun
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxx

jo61
04-05-09, 09:32
You are so not useless. You've come through a very difficult time and just think, it's not anxiety about the actual holiday that's bothering you - it's the physical problems. You do as much or as little as you can.

:hugs:

bluesparkle
04-05-09, 12:17
hi kazz
you are most definately NOT useless...
you are a very kind and caring person...
you have been through so much... i hope you get to relax and rest on your holiday.
hope you have a lovely time
rach
x