PDA

View Full Version : Frustration

Mr_Mafioso
03-05-09, 18:31
Hey all, just noticed this website, & it looks really useful already. It's kinda hard for me at times, coz I feel quite alone, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way, though.

I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder in 2003, which then led to agoraphobia. I've managed to overcome it twice so far, but have relapsed another two times as well.

It just feels frustrating really, this may sound completely melodramatic (sorry if it does) but sometimes I wish that I could lead a "normal" carefree life, without worrying over every little thing. I think the worst part is that I feel that I'm a bit of a burden to others, my mum etc, as I'm not able to help out as much as I would like to, because of my anxiety.

I also miss going out with friends & meeting new people, & dating, especially. I feel really unconfident at the moment, my mind's full of "what if's" & I just worry about having panic attacks in front of people, coz I find myself getting quite embarassed by them, even though they're obviously nothing to be ashamed of.

At the moment, I'm currently on Fluoxetine, Abilify & Clonazepam, but nothing seems to be helping, really.

Anyway, I'm probably rabbiting on a bit, sorry about that!

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this, though.

Just to introduce myself, I'm Martin, 24, from Kent.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend :-)

Chat to you soon

-x-

Panickypants
03-05-09, 19:32
You don't sound melodramatic at all mr.. I feel like this a lot of the time it's scary how the anxiety makes you feel, and i'm the same as you I find myself thinking i wish i could lead a normal life without the anxiety but like you i worry about everything, i do have "normal" days but i wish i wasn't a worrier...

Angie, 32 x

Mr_Mafioso
03-05-09, 19:40
Thanks Angie, I think we're both alike on the worrying thing! Hopefully things work out for you the way you want them to :)

Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated