PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia Sufferer

Yarnee14
03-05-09, 22:47
Hello,

I'm a 24 year old mother of one and I suffer from this common phobia. I have been like this for as long as I can remember and am so glad to finally know what it is and that it's really a condition that many people have.

When I was pregnant, which was only a few months ago, I had morning sickness for six months and I suffered. I felt so sick that I didn't get out of bed for fear of the v-word. It got so bad that when I felt it coming up, I panicked and scared my boyfriend to pieces. But it never happened and I felt terrible all day in and day out.

I used to walk around with my hand covering my nose and one time I even freaked out in the street because I felt sick. A lady had to call the ambulance. It was soooo embarrasing! When I feel like p***** what should I do?

duskess
03-05-09, 23:08
Hello and Welcome to NMP , lots of help, support and understanding members , have you told your doctor you feel like this , you could ask for councelling , we understand how you feel and your not alone , other members will have good advice , you take care:welcome: Dusky x

Yarnee14
03-05-09, 23:12
Dusky,

I haven't told anyone, not even my doctor. They may think I'm weird or something. When I hinted at it, the people at the prenatal clinic looked at me funny.

duskess
03-05-09, 23:23
Hi , Tell your doctor how you feel , im sure they will help , they wont think your weird , i dont either , well done for realising you need help and telling how you feel :flowers: , you will gets lots more advice here too , you take care , :hugs: Dusky x

duskess
03-05-09, 23:49
Hi , Look in the forum under phobias , you will see some posts their too , tc , Dusky x

sunshine-lady
04-05-09, 23:17
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Southern_Belle
06-05-09, 03:50
Hi Yarnee,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

Patty
06-05-09, 10:43
Hi Yarnee, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

LucyA
06-05-09, 10:54
Hi Yarnee,

Welcome to No More Panic. Do a search for emetophobia and you'll see just how many of us are suffering from the same thing - you're certainly not alone! It's a vicious cycle that you panic about feeling sick and one of the main symptoms of anxiety is nausea, but there are lots of ways to get rid of the phobia. I've been suffering from it since I was 9 (13 years) but thanks to therapy and a few visits to the doctors things are looking up.

Keep thinking positive!
Lucy xx

Yarnee14
07-05-09, 15:33
Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who replied. It's really great to know that there is so much support out here for people like me.

I made strides in a few days. I told my boyfriend and my mom about this and found out that my mom is emetophobic too! So I got to thinking that this may be genetic.