PDA

View Full Version : bit sick

Frankie23
03-05-09, 23:54
i keep having hypo (type) symptoms and i had a blood test last friday i rang for the results and they said they had to retake the blood test as it was faulty.

I am getting the test redone on friday but i am worried sick. People have told me that if it was anything serious then i would have been called in the same day but i am still worried,

has anyone had this before ?

lauren6
04-05-09, 01:59
Frankie, did you ask them what they meant by "faulty?" I have been called back because they say they didn't get enough blood. There was nothing wrong...they truly didn't have enough to work with. So if that's your question...it happens sometimes. Are you thinking that "faulty" means there was something wrong? I think you ought to ask them what they mean before you get nervous about it. Why are they making you wait a week to get it redone? Can you ask them to move it up?

london
04-05-09, 03:38
frankie i had to have blood redone once it was there fault not my blood so dont worry wish you better

Frankie23
13-05-09, 14:12
update -i went back for the blood test last friday the nurse checkedmy previous blood tests and the full blood count was ok and she redone my iron stores test

I went into today and I have to go back tomorrow - the receptionist said there wasnt anything on the system to say i needed to see the doctor urgently but i have to see him

Now im worried -im scared in case its anything bad, has anyone had this before

amandaj
13-05-09, 14:28
i had this a cpl of weeks ago ,when the dr wanted to see me, i couldnt wait so i rang and he rang me back maybe try that if you are really worried it might put your mind at rest
amanda

Frankie23
13-05-09, 15:01
I would do that but its baby clinic only at the surgery health visitors only- was your test ok if you dont mind me asking?