PDA

View Full Version : HI:)

pie
04-05-09, 02:36
Hi,

Im new to this site as of 10 minutes ago! i had been in the midst of a panic attack and was desperately trying to think of a way to distract myself so as i could forget the feeling of impending death from oxygen deprivation!!...it has passed to some extent, its so good to no there are other people going thru the same thng and there is a place to come to wen u need to talk etc...i dont feel i can call anyone i know despite the overwhelming urge to do so, so i glad i found this place.

I began getting panic attacks a year ago, i had a major attack (i think my first one) since then i have been getting them regularily but never to that extreme, half of me thinks that the attacks i have had since then have been a fear of having the same attack that i had the very first time. Things have been getting progressively worse.

Only in the last few months have attacks been affecting the activities i used to take for granted, like driving and wierdly sleeping! I dunno if anyone has experienced this but just as i fall asleep i seem to bring on the sensation of being unable to breath heart racing, dizzy spells.etc..i put it down to my breathing naturally slowing down as i begin to slip in to sleep and then i freak out and make the whole situation worse! This is starting to happen every nite now and as u can appreciate it is ruining my life!!! a few weeks ago i brought it up with my new gp nervously, for the first time ever and asked her to check my iron levels because that may be the cause. She sed she wud get back to me if bloods came back fine.....but typically no call!! Dont want to go back again cos i dont want her to think im a hypocondriac (even tho this feels more real to me than any illnes i have ever experienced) Anyway to wind this up, i feel very alone and scared and hope that this site can become some sort of support;:)

Sorry for the rant, Pie..

duskess
04-05-09, 03:11
Hello Pie , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding members here , your definately not alone with feeling like this , panic attacks are quite frightening , but you will learn ways to cope with them , on the Main Menu you will find advice on panic attacks and in the forum , go back and tell your gp how you feel ask about councelling to help you with your feelings , she will be more helpful than you think , and you will get good advice from the NMP members , you take care :welcome: Dusky x

Tink
04-05-09, 16:47
Hello Pie,
Your story sounds very similar to mine. I had my first panic attack last august since then I constantly fear another will happen and have seemingly become a very anxious person which has brought on a load whole of symptoms.
Don't worry about your doc thinking u r a hypochondriac, with anxiety u need to put your mind at rest otherwise will send u crazy thinking the what ifs so get yourself to docs for the results. This is from the voice of experience!! lol. Since after christmas I have been in docs nearly every week with something different.
My anxiety gets worse at night time too, I use to love getting in bed at night for a good night sleep now is a different story! I have all the things u mention and also feel like sometimes I am falling but as u say your body is resting and heart rate slowing down but as we are anxious we notice everything so much more,sometimes it scares me so much that I will not be able to sleep.

I hope you are doing ok and u will find alot of great support here. It has helped me so much.

Make sure you get to the doctors tommorrow to put your mind at rest.

Take care

Tink xxx

lesleya
04-05-09, 16:49
Hi and :welcome: to nmp
xxx

sunshine-lady
04-05-09, 23:16
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif