PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms much worse after acupuncture....

fairyloveheart
04-05-09, 08:36
Hi All

Been trying to stay away and manage things, as symptoms seemed to fall into a bit of a pattern, but I had acupuncture on Friday (have been on a waiting list) and now the pain is back worse than ever :weep: :weep: :weep:

The pain is in my face, forehead, nose and it is just now constant, whereas it had seemed to be coming just two or three days a week before.

I can't cope, I keep thinking, what if it will be constant now forever more.

Could the acupuncture make something bad forever??? The acupuncturist said it could get worse before it gets better, but I keep thinking what if it doesn't settle down??

Feeling really fed up and rubbish

Has anyone had any experience with acupuncture? I must say the actual acupuncture was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. But the entry points for the needles on my face are all a bit sore and bruised.

diane07
04-05-09, 15:32
Hi hun,

I've had acupuncture a few times, i had mine for sciatica and it did get worse before it got better, don't know if it was coincidence but on the third lot my sciatica left, if you have any concerns give the acupuncturist a call and he/she will be able to let you know how long it should last

di xx

fairyloveheart
08-05-09, 23:00
I have been off work a few days, the pain has been so bad. Thanks Di.
The acupuncturist was on hols this week, my next session is on Tuesday. I am petriefied it will just keep hurting forever more.... :(

mau
08-05-09, 23:09
I've had acupuncture for post natal depression and yes the symptoms got worse before they got better.

A friend had acupuncture from the same GP for back pain and her pain got worse before it got better..

Give it some time to work.

Both of us felt much better within the week

fairyloveheart
12-05-09, 17:21
Session two of acupuncture....
Am in agony.
Can't cope. I am so worried about work that the pain is going to cause me to stop work and loose my job...